Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

led wheatgrass grow video...Look!!!
Posted by: brad ()
Date: December 13, 2008 03:03PM

[shop.sunshine-systems.com]

What an excellent video showing the power of leds. The video was done using ONLY 15 watts. Its amazing. I grow my wheatgrass with 45 watts and 90 watt leds and the results are even faster.
My lettuce has really taken off this past week. Im an avid soil grower but I have an interest in trying hydroponics. The yields are usually larger and the growing time is 2/3 faster with hydroponics. I recently tried an experiment with aeroponics and wheatgrass. Try this with the kids...its great!!
2 covers from cdr towers One small...one large.
Poke holes in the bottom of the larger container( i used a drill )The more holes the better for rooting.
Slide the large container into the smaller one.
The end result should provide you with a small area under the large top for water.
Drill a small hole into the side of the lower container, big enough to slide an aquarium pump tube into(you'll need about 5 inches of tubing)Slide th tube into the hole and then seal hole.
Add water and nutrients (organic)
Attach pump
I used small rocks for my medium and cover the bottom inch of the large container.
Add seeds.
Plug in pump.
wala....aeroponics....smiling smiley
I have too much free time apparently....smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: led wheatgrass grow video...Look!!!
Date: February 02, 2009 02:26AM

Nutrient levels and taste are increased by using leds.
Wheatgrass grown under leds has a deep lush color and taste is sweeter!!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 02, 2009 05:18PM

have you considered getting a brix (i think thats how its spelled) meter to test your produce? smiling smiley

www.hydroponicsdictionary.com/PDF/brix.pdf

this explains what they do .. they are actually quite inexpensive (ive seen them as low as 20$ and they are helpfull in determining things

ie: conventional vs. hydroponic vs. ...etc etc smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 02, 2009 07:57PM

I havent heard but Thanks!
Im starting my transpalnts today. I may have bitten off more than I can chew...literally. smiling smiley

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: April 13, 2009 02:50PM

Thanks for the link.
Indoor growing is a great alternative when outdoors or natural sunlight is not a good option.
Supplemental light, such as LED, offers great advantages.

Also, Brix meters are also called refractometers.
They offer a simple, quick, inexpensive way to measure the overall quantity of nutrients dissolved in plant fluids.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables