Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

banana peppers
Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: July 09, 2006 12:29AM

Does anyone have any experience with growing banana peppers? I planted them at the same time as my bell peppers and the bell peppers are growing nicely but the banana peppers are doing nothing but growing a ton of leaves.

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: banana peppers
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 12, 2006 10:28PM

-Hmmm....I've grown em. Make sure you are giving them plenty of water.....and a good all-purpose compost or light fertillizer no more than once per month. They need plenty of sunlight. If you aren't getting results.......try a different variety (or source for your seeds).

-Heck, I've had good results from the seeds from grocery store produce! You can also by starts from Home Depot, Lowes, Nurseries, etc.

-David Mason

Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: July 13, 2006 10:28PM

Thanks David.

I planted seeds from the actual banana peppers. They are growing like crazy, only no peppers!! Just lots of green leaves. They get lots of sunshine and lots of water every day.

Only I did notice something about the leaves. There are little yellowish bumps on the backsides of some of them. Like little tiny insects. So I am thinking perhaps those critters prevented the growing of the fruit.

Maybe next year I'll try some packet seeds!!!

Oh well, at least the rest of my garden is producing a bumper crop!#@!@!@!@@!

smiling smiley

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 05:57PM

My mom would have to be an expert on this, as we've been grazing on her garden's fresh crispy banana peppers every summer for the past 25 years. I will def ask her next time I talk to her, I know she's anti-chemicals so whatever she does it's organic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables