Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ratio between vegans and vegans-gardeners?
Posted by: rab ()
Date: September 16, 2010 10:39PM

How many vegans produce at least part of their food? How many farmers are vegans? Vegans are sometimes ready to speak about moral issues (killing animals for food), but they do not seem to feel so guilty about not producing food and also throwing away the leftovers into the garbage instead compost.

I am very new to gardening, so I am all talk smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ratio between vegans and vegans-gardeners?
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 17, 2010 06:55AM

I have a HUGE compost pile. Pumpkins are growing out of it voluntarily.

I have planted fruit trees and they bear a little, although I look forward to them getting bigger. (Orange, tangelo, and feijoa... with plans for more...)

And I do feel guilty about not growing veggies. In the past I did and want do it again. I wish I had good reasons for not having a garden going right now.

My favorite raw vegan

Re: ratio between vegans and vegans-gardeners?
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: November 07, 2010 06:44PM

I'm not vegan, but we've always had a garden. Even when I was little and I lived in an apartment, mom had a few window herbs. This year we grew raspberries, tomatoes, parsley, chard, cucumbers, zucchini, chili peppers, bell peppers, sage, lemon verbena, oregano, basil, and thyme. I hope to get more of the new yard cleaned out this fall so we can plant more next year. I would like to grow more fruits, but I have to be careful, my dogs eat, well, everything. They got more raspberries than I did this past season. sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables