Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

aqua globes
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 14, 2009 01:14AM

hey folks i got 4 sets of these for xmas smiling smiley

they sell for 10$ for 2 in most places i see

i gotta say they work hot damn smiling smiley

i tried sticking them in my really dry plants tho and they didnt seem to work well the first week cuz they got clogged up with dirt and formed a hard plug

so i watered all the plants about half of what i water them usually

then stuck a chopstick in the dirt to open up a hole a bit .. then keep reusing that hole and the dirt still clogs up but it stays wet and the water trickles out and the house plants are now thriving smiling smiley

these things work in case you wanted to know smiling smiley theyve been really great for my succulents (cacti) as i tend to overwater and drown them and now they are just sipping up what they need smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: aqua globes
Posted by: Kit ()
Date: January 18, 2009 08:27PM

Thanks jgunn, good to find out info. like this without having to buy everything you are curious about. If I bought every garden gadget I was curious about I'd be broke!

Kit

Posted by: brad ()
Date: January 31, 2009 06:30PM

Im going to make gigantic aqua globes out of recycled bucketsand pvc for my platform garden this summer. See if i can water 6 tomato plants at a time. smiling smiley

Date: February 01, 2009 11:56PM

awesome Brad , i get alot of buckets for free from the bulkfood sections of grocery stores

are you gonna go gravity fed? (bucket higher up then the platform)

if you put a gate valve near the bottom rim of the bucket , so you can fill it up add any nutrients you want , then open the valve an let her go .. then you can regulate how much water to feed as well just in case a bucket full is too much smiling smiley

this is what i mean by gate valve .. you can find in any hardware store for under 2$ most likely smiling smiley absolutely necessary unless you are planning to flood the table for all the plants .. in which case then you dont smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 12:02AM by Jgunn.

Date: February 02, 2009 02:23AM

My next venture is to try a new product called "sure to grow" similiar to grodan. With my organic nutrients and ozone water....schwing!! That will really make my water organicky!!
Im going to get those valves for sure.
My goal is to do 4 massive outdoor tables with wire mesh tops.Set up a home made misting system and do the gravity fed buckets. Im shooting for rainwater and if not ozoned tap water.
If you put an ad in craigslist for kitty litter buckets wanted.....they arrive like paper at a ticket tape parade...lmao.Think of how many buckets could be re-used just by giving the cat buckets to gardeners. I'll have 50 if those before april from craigslist contributors.Im hoping to have just the first 50 full of tomatoes for my new venture this year...farmers market!!
Go to your "snarky" post...winking smiley

Date: February 02, 2009 05:29PM

the reason i dont like grodon is the short itchy fibreglassy like splinters it gets into your skin .. and im sure cant be good for you .. if you have ever worked in a greenhouse like i have using tons of this stuff it gets really nasty ... i ended up quitting because they wouldnt provide us with armpit length gloves for protection

so glad to hear you are looking for another medium .. i am suspect of grodon lol

why do you feel you need a misting system? I have found it more troublesome and messy (water gets on walls , floor) then its worth. It also adds more humidity unlike direct watering .. which can cause molds and mildews in your room which is the last thing you want to do. (i have had to replace whole sheets of drywall) .. it does have some benefit to the plant , but i have as said found the negatives outweigh the positives. unless you are planning on putting some sort of regulation humidifier/dehumidifier system in smiling smiley

im stayin away from OT for awhile again the snarkiness isnt worth my energy winking smiley

Date: February 02, 2009 11:40PM

Sure to grow isnt fiberglassy like grodan. I wasnt to impressed with the grodan.
The misting Im going to add to my outdoor grow this summer. I have a special foliar feed that will be nice to add during the evening watering.
Haha! Sprinkler for my basement grow...!!
Lucky you working in greenhouses. Im a newbie but kickin butt.
smiling smiley
Im slowly heading towards 100% raw!! smiling smiley

Date: February 03, 2009 12:35AM

Well working in a greenhouse you see everything on the HUGE scale ..but it sure gives you ideas on the smaller scale smiling smiley

yep keep the misters outside lol smiling smiley

yep yer kickin butt , dont forget to share new info .. its always a learning process ! smiling smiley

Date: February 03, 2009 01:42AM

Im using soil that has no nutrients added.....there is a great nutrient company called aurora innovations roots organic. Im lovong the growth from this line.
I need to post a pic of my huge sunflower. I planted a bean at the bottom and its climbing the sunflower. Its the bean with the alien arms....lol. Not sure the name...need to look.
Im bringing leds to my local agway and they are going to do a store display. Excellent!! "rubs hands like evil scientist"
Where are you on the globe?
smiling smiley

Date: February 20, 2009 07:11PM

cool i checked out the aurora stuff let me know how it works for you smiling smiley i am still hell bent on using my worm castings and worm casting tea i get such great results from it smiling smiley

im just outside of vancouver, bc, canada Brad smiling smiley little town called Mission smiling smiley

wheres the pic of the sunflower stalkin bean ! grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables