Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Have you had this problem with the Ecomposter???
Posted by: trox ()
Date: March 14, 2011 03:58PM

Something really strange happened this weekend. I have been filling my composter since last summer with various things in order to have GREAT compost to use this spring. Well...my boyfriend went to turn the Ecomposter and it turned a little too easily. He opened it up and called me outside. 90% of the compost had disappeared!

My first thought was----"SOMEONE STOLE MY COMPOST!" Then reality set in and I decided if someone had an interest in my compost, they probably would have taken the whole dispenser, not just the dirt. So...the only thing I can come up with is that the compost possibly washed out with a recent rain?

If anyone has experience with something similar, please let me know!

Good Vibrations,
Trox

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you had this problem with the Ecomposter???
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: March 23, 2011 02:21PM

Did you fill up the bin and then just leave it without continuing to add fresh material? If so, it's probably just settling.

We always just keep filling our bins continuously, so the settling has been good because it means more room for more material. But, this study on vermicomposting goes into how much settling there is. winding up with only 10% compost by volume is normal. [www.sawbladesoftware.com]

Re: Have you had this problem with the Ecomposter???
Posted by: trox ()
Date: March 24, 2011 08:28PM

Thanks for the info VH. It was really disturbing to find such little compost considering the amount of peels and produce that went into the making of the compost.

Good Vibrations,
Trox

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables