Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sprouting carrot seed
Posted by: AngieR19 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 06:19PM

I am new to sprouting and can't find much information about sprouting carrot seeds. I have read that common seeds such as kale, peas etc are used for sprouts but what about other common type vegetables such as carrots? I love carrot greens and would hope that the sprouts would be similar.

I know that I would have to use organic seeds but I am wondering if people do not use them for sprouts due to difficulties in getting them to start - maybe they need the soil to get going?

Anybody's previous experience would be greatly appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sprouting carrot seed
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 26, 2012 05:24PM

I can't find a lot about eating carrot seed sprouts. Here's a bit:
[www.kootenayselfreliancestore.ca]

And I found this:

"Take something like a carrot. The first leaf comes open and you put that in your mouth and it tastes exactly like a carrot. There are some surprises out there in how distinct these flavors are even at the leaf stage," said Robert Hochmuth, an extension agent with the University of Florida's Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2012 05:29PM by coco.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables