Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

mung bean help
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 18, 2006 02:23PM

Hi, new to this site and raw foods. Hello to all. I've tried sprouting mung beans for the first time and they've got me a little worried. It's day three and they've grown nicely, but they have turned pinkish/purple - just on the seed, the sprout looks nice. Anybody know if this is normal or is this mold?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mung bean help
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: July 19, 2006 07:04PM

Hi tigger and welcome to the raw foods lifestyle! I don't have a answer for you. I grow mungs now and then, but only sprout them for a day or two at the most. I can't say I've ever experienced the bean turning color like that. You might try reading all the instructions and question/answers at the Sproutpeople.com web sight. Or maybe even e-mail them and ask. If you did anything wrong - most likely it would have been not draining them well enough - I think that's the most common mistake that we sprouters make. But, I'm no expert - I'm pretty new at this myself. Anyhoo - good luck to you - sprout on!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Re: mung bean help
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 20, 2006 12:26AM

I have my special way of sprouting mung beans.
1. Soak them for 10 hours
2. Put a very wet piece of cloth or small towel in a rectangular plastic container
3. Lay the beans on the cloth
4. Water the seed and the cloth once or twice a day
5. They will grow as small greens with roots
7. Pull them off the cloth and eat them in salad or smoothies

I use them in my smoothies almost every day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables