Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do you have the Hippocrates sprouting trays and PVC shelves?
Posted by: Diana (Cda) ()
Date: November 05, 2012 10:55AM

Hi, there!

Was wondering if anyone has bought the sprouting/growing trays from Hippocrates Health Institute. Also, there were plans one could get (buy?) for the PVC shelving one could built.

I'm very curious about the success of growing with their system indoors. The trays have very little "bottom", if I can call it that. Basically, rather than a tray, the bottom of their square trays is a couple of criss-crossed plastic strips so that there certainly is maximum drainage but I've always wondered how people would manage indoors since you can't just let everyone drip onto flooring! <g>

The reason I ask is the usual option of seedling trays that one can buy in garden centres doesn't work very well indoors. Even the ones with a few holes don't seem to allow for sufficient drainage.

Was wondering if people lined the trays with paper towels before putting soil and sprouted seed and if they kept the trays nested one inside the other until a sufficient root system developed that provided the foundation to hold in the sprouting seeds.

If so, and that did work, drainage would certainly and finally be a minor issue.

Also, was wondering if a bin underneath the bottom "shelf" of the PVC piping shelf worked to catch drain-off.

Any comments, positive or negative, appreciated.

Cheers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you have the Hippocrates sprouting trays and PVC shelves?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 08, 2012 06:54AM

Diana here is a vid on how to make your own pvc racks .. all this stuff you can get at your local hardware/plumbing supply pretty cheap

[www.youtube.com]

If setting up a rack inside i would definitely put some sort of bin underneath for drainage to protect your floors from drippng smiling smiley or go to a hydroponic store and see if they have some large flood trays that could serve the purpose smiling smiley

personally i use one of these [www.discountjuicers.com] and one of these [www.discountjuicers.com] between the two i get all the sprouts an wheatgrass i can use an then some and they are both tidy self contained systems smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: November 13, 2012 03:18AM

How many ounces does HHI recommend you drink a day?

Jgunn, the second link you provided state that each tray delivers 15 ounces of juice per tray. How long does it take to sprout an entire tray?

Date: November 13, 2012 04:25AM

takes about 13-14 days newhoove smiling smiley

Date: November 19, 2012 02:34AM

Just bought the Easygreen Automatic Sprouter!
I'm real excited!

Date: November 20, 2012 09:28AM

woo hoo newhoove ! have fun with yer new sprouter smiling smiley i use distilled water in mine so i dont muck up its inner workings with hardwater buildup smiling smiley

Date: November 22, 2012 03:13AM

Thanks for the tip!

I'm new at this whole sprouting thing.. if you have any other tips, let me know!

I plan to attempt wheatgrass first.. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables