Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Purslane-Any idea where to get some seeds?
Posted by: tealady ()
Date: July 18, 2009 06:28PM

Hi, has anyone ever purchased and grown purslane? It is a great tasting edible weed that we would love to plant but cant seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks

Re: Purslane-Any idea where to get some seeds?
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: August 27, 2009 02:05AM

Boy, I'D send you seeds if I were sure it wouldn't introduce harmful bacteria to your area. I mean, bacteria that your area isn't used to. I live in South Korea. There are several varieties that grow wild here. I've eaten them all. Quite nice tasting.

Having said that, I will tell you that I once stopped by a roadside stall in front of someone's house. They were selling vegetables and / or fruit. I forget what. Anyway, they had a garden there. For some reason my friend and I went to the garden alone. I saw purslane there and it was obvious they weren't doing anything with it. So I asked for some and the lady said to take as much as I wanted because they considered it a bother. They didn't eat it and didn't want it in the garden. This was in Ohio, in the US. I have no idea where you are.

So, you might try this. I don't know if you'll find seeds for sale anywhere but you can try Googling "purslane seeds".

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: eecho ()
Date: August 27, 2009 01:59PM

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: March 03, 2010 05:04AM

I try to eat wild purslane when weeding the garden, but gosh, it's so slimy! Do you actually enjoy this?

Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 04, 2010 05:38PM

purslane in the smoothie taste good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables