Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Protien
Posted by: tealady ()
Date: July 23, 2009 03:34AM

Hello, I know I have read that you can get enough protein from greens but I am trying to find some solid scientifc evidence. Does anyone have a good article on how much protein you can get out of the raw lifestyle. My husband and I are playing around with some recipes and it seems we are use to things having a nutritional breakdown but most raw recipes do not. I am sure they are very healthy but my husband is a weight lifter and a little skeptical. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 03:34AM by tealady.

Re: Protien
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: July 23, 2009 11:35PM

Hi
Yes, greens are good for protein as is most any whole raw food, though you'd have to eat 50 cups of spinach to get your "daily value" because greens are low in calories and DV's are set high, IMO. The recent Geissen, Germany study on raw foodists included a diet survey showing that their protein came from "vegetables and fruit" and amounted to an average of 8.2% of their calories. This meets World Health Organization guidelines which call for about 6% as I recall. I added lentil sprouts recently to get a certain mix of amino acids I personally was seeking. At 185lbs. I can do 100 consecutive handstands (at about 7% caloric protein) as part of a floor exercise workout.

[jn.nutrition.org]

Re: Protien
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 21, 2009 05:36PM

I have struggled with the protein issue myself being a bodybuilder.
All I know is that I have spent thousands of dollars on amino acid capsules,protein powders,and tons of milk,and I never got even close to looking like a pro.
I am as big,or even bigger,on a raw food diet,than I ever was eating all that protein.

Vinny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables