Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Herbs Bad for Us?
Posted by: Cappadocius ()
Date: August 01, 2009 03:26AM

Ive just read a few articles on how ALL herbs are toxic to the body and shouldnt be used at all/ I personally use ginseng and chamomile, as well as lemon balm, verbena, and peppermint to make teas for the calming effect and for a tasty beverage. Is there anyone who can argue the point that the website firmly tries to prove that these herbs are nothing but "superstitious" remedies that shoudlnt be taken at all?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Herbs Bad for Us?
Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 07, 2009 07:20PM

My body has a very bad reaction to ginseng. Personally, I think that people should read about the herbs they want to use before they use them. Since I reacted so badly to ginseng, I have pretty much ignored herbs because my body just may be sensitive to them. If I decide to take the time to read the pros and cons about them, I may try using some of them one day.

Posted by: rawfoods ()
Date: August 09, 2009 09:10PM

No, I've never heard that before! As far as i know, herbs are all natural and not toxic at all... hmm...

[www.healthyfoodrawdiet.com]

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 16, 2009 08:11PM

rawfoods Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, I've never heard that before! As far as i
> know, herbs are all natural and not toxic at
> all... hmm...

There are some herbs that cause our blood to stop clotting -- they may be natural, but not necessary good for us. Since so many people are on such herb kicks nowadays, the medical profession is having to ask about herbs that people are using to make sure they lay off of some herbs prior to surgery.

Posted by: lemonbalm ()
Date: August 19, 2009 02:57AM

If you refuse to take any herbs you will have to stop eating lettuce as it has a relaxing quality in it. This is in the white sap that oozes out of the veins.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: August 19, 2009 12:09PM

I think herbs are great and use a variety of them for a variety of things. Learning about them is fascinating. We're significantly expanding our herb garden next year.

Posted by: iamwhatiam ()
Date: October 14, 2009 08:33PM

hmmm...who is writing the article and what is their intent behind it? are they supporting using pharmaceutical drugs instead or what? i don't understand their view. it seems ludicrous. i'd like to read that article if you have a link of it.

Just about everything has some kind of toxicity to it tho, right? Even the air we breathe. And also, there are numerous ways to administer herbs to the body - not just by ingesting them but poultices, powders, aromatheraphy, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables