Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

chick peas
Posted by: humbug ()
Date: August 15, 2006 08:23PM

I've spent a few days growing my second sprouts - chick peas. They are very short, but I've read they shouldn't be too long, so I think they'll be ready tomorrow.

Just wanted to check though, can I really eat them like this?! Actually I tried one tonight and it was soft and tasty, but I'm so used to cooking them for an hour.

Also, any recipe ideas? but I'll ask on the recipe board too.

Thanks
Humbug

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: chick peas
Posted by: humbug ()
Date: August 15, 2006 09:33PM

by the way, I think chick peas are garbanzo beans

Re: chick peas
Posted by: summer ()
Date: August 17, 2006 04:34AM

sprouted chickpeas make good humus, the trick to it is how long the sprout tails are, they have to be exactly right, at least this has been my experience...for it to work right for me, the tails have to be as long as the bean itself, but no longer...

then, to make a great humus, put them in the food processor with lemon juice, oil and salt, blend them up but not to much, just enough to make them into little pieces, but not cream, and let this sit overnight, or about 6 hours, then blend until creamy with more oil, juice, tahinni, salt, garlic, to taste...

J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables