Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has anyone tried "hanging tomatoes"
Posted by: rab ()
Date: April 14, 2010 06:22PM

Does this really work?
[www.topsyturvy.com]

Tomatoes planted in a hanging bag.

Thanks,

Dragan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone tried "hanging tomatoes"
Posted by: rab ()
Date: April 14, 2010 07:49PM

It looks unnatural too me, so I wanted to check - the results cannot be the same as when planting normal way, I think. But, for people in the appartments, this or some similar solution may work?

I am sure it would be easy to make something like this rather than buy it.

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: April 15, 2010 01:05AM

I may try something like this - should help keep some garden "pests" at bay. Or perhaps try an experiment - one hanging upside down, one in a pot upright (not hanging) and one in the garden and see who is happiest.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 15, 2010 01:49AM

ok my neighbor and I tried this experiment , we both have sunny south facing front yards , so i planted a dozen tomatoes in pots and he hung a dozen of these bags with the same brand of tomatoes.

we both seemed to get about the same yield more or less up too a few weeks of the end of tomato season , the difference being got far less tomato powdery mildew then i got , which im thinking cuz the morning dew and occaisional rain dripped off and didnt stay on the leaves , his plants lived a couple weeks longer then mine and there fore produced a few lbs more tomatoes smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: April 15, 2010 04:19PM

topsy turvy's are awesome !!! you can definitely yield more than normal, especially if you use a plant that is indeterminate. plus you need nothing to stake it up.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables