Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where do you buy your sprouts?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 11, 2010 06:26PM

Up until recently I have been sprouting on a "small scale", but now I want to grow a lot of them. The prices for the seeds locally are through the roof, some for as much as $18.00 lb.!

Where is a good source for organic sprout seeds? I have done some online searching, but if you have some favorite stores, let me know!

Thanks smiling smiley

Re: Where do you buy your sprouts?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 12, 2010 06:20AM

yes i know katz the economic noose is starting to tighten, if you have access to some sq.ft'age , i think im going to grow out a 10x10ft plot and see how much wheatgrass seed i can grow from it and work from there to secure my own organic seed stock ...im getting really tired really quickly of these outrageous seed and food prices !

but to answer your question now that ive ranted .. ive had good yield seed viability from [www.wheat-grass-seeds.com]

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2010 06:23AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 12, 2010 10:40AM

Yep, I already have tomato plants going, will also be doing lettuce/greens & a few other things. I would like to get into raised bed gardening or even container gardening.

There is a lady in my area who has her long driveway lined up with pots the size of garbage cans & does all her gardening out of those. It is pretty neat. She must have a few dozen pots set up.

Sure cuts down on the weeding time, easier to keep things under control.

I have purchased from mountain rose herbs in the past, their prices are fairly close to the site you posted.

[www.mountainroseherbs.com]

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 15, 2010 05:46PM

wow, they actually seem way cheaper than the site she posted, about half the price, unless they charge more for shipping, I havnt checked yet, $5 a pound!!!

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:57AM

juicerkatz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Up until recently I have been sprouting on a
> "small scale", but now I want to grow a lot of
> them. The prices for the seeds locally are through
> the roof, some for as much as $18.00 lb.!
>
> Where is a good source for organic sprout seeds? I
> have done some online searching, but if you have
> some favorite stores, let me know!
>
> Thanks smiling smiley

Try here [www.kgardener.com] Most 1 lb bags are between $5 and $10 per lbs. with a few exceptions.

Paul

Date: May 16, 2010 04:41AM

the garbage can garden is greatfor many things specially root crops you want protected from critters up underneath smiling smiley

im gonna give this a whirl this summer an see how it comes up smiling smiley [www.biovertical.com]

of course im gonna make my own theyre prices are a bit steep for me winking smiley

Date: May 16, 2010 02:27PM

Wow jodi! those are awesome!!! I have to say, you find some pretty awesome stuff!!! and whats really cool is these would be REALLY easy to make yourself! its a similar concept to this hanging basket I made for my mom for mothers day, I made a globe of chicken wire, lined with a pretty threadbare burlap bag, filled with dirt and compost, then I planted a bunch of her favorite plants and flowers in it, then gave it to her right be4 mothers day when it was all grown out and pretty... this seems even more sturdy, looks really cool toogrinning smiley

Date: May 16, 2010 10:09PM

haha Curator i know isnt it neat to find innovative stuff!? i mean i think i can remember this idea in a old mother earth news longggggg time ago but now it seems to jump to the forefront of some new ideas

i was thinking dang i could attatch/hang 3 of these to a heavy duty portable clothing rack an wheel it around the yard .. hehe tongue sticking out smiley the mind is whirling with possibilities

i like the living walll kinda thing too [www.livingwallart.com]... why go ornamental if you can make it growing food smiling smiley

Date: May 17, 2010 12:43AM

Jodi, you seem to have this knack of finding random things that make me extremely happy when you share them,lol... Dont take this the wrong way, But I love you <3 LOL (Im just an affectionate and loving human being, unfortunately many on the itnernet and off take it as romantic advances, to my great embarrassment...lol...in this case it is definitely not, just a statement of my appreciation of your existence =^_^= )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: May 17, 2010 04:17AM

aww Curator i heart you too smiling smiley

now if i could just get paid somehow for finding cool random things id be made in the shade LOL !!! grinning smiley

Date: May 17, 2010 04:09PM

yeah, that would be the life!!! lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables