Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Advice on sprouting Quinoa...
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 23, 2010 12:29AM

I would like some advice on the safest/easiest ways to sprout quinoa without a sprouter, as for some reason, somebody broke into my home last night, stole the little ghetto rigged sprouter I had built, along with around $30, my tv remote, a couple pillows, various food from my fridge, and my rain jacket... Im thinking lots of drugs may have been involved,lol... Thanks ahead of time for any advice you give.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Re: Advice on sprouting Quinoa...
Date: May 28, 2010 10:49AM

Update: solved my problem!!!
I took two cheap gladware wannabe containers, cost me 50 cents each, and poked tons of little holes with a needle in the bottom of one, then put some pebbles I boiled into the bottom of the one without holes, and the second on top, put my rinsed quinoa in there with a little more water, which drained down into the pebbles, put the lid on and waited, rinsing a couple times a day and draining out excess water when there was to much... got me some quinoa sprouts in only 2 days ^_^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 02, 2010 02:50PM

I started sprouting Red Quinoa, using a glass jar. They have to be rinsed immediately before eating, otherwise they taste weird. I have wondered if red quinoa is safe to eat.

Date: November 28, 2010 03:03AM

hmmm, well, so far in both jar, and other containers, ive had every single batch mold be4 fully sprouting since I moved here... sooo Ive stopped sprouting quinoa for now...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables