Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sprouting garbanzos; enzyme inhibitors in all sprouts
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: May 31, 2010 03:06AM

HIYA!

I just moved into the Detroit Zen Center. We've got a cafe here where the food is mosetly raw. Lots of sprouts. We're sprouting garbanzos. I've just started helping with the sprouts and the wheatgrass.

I noticed some of the garbanzos that are still in the sprouting jar are darker than most. I don't know how many days they've been in there but the sprouts are up to 3 or so milimeters. What's that, about 1/8 inch I guess. I was thinking they are rotten but they don't smell bad and they're sprouting. So I guess they're okay, huh?

Also, I've read that the rinse water is full of nutrients. Not only from garbanzos but from sprouts in general. But I understand that one purpose of sprouting is to remove the enzyme inhibitors. So, I wonder how long it takes to remove enough enzyme inhibitors for the soak water to be fit for consumption. Is just soaking and rinsing once or twice enough? We'd like to use the rinse water instead of "throwing the baby out with the bath water."

Thanks a ton.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sprouting garbanzos; enzyme inhibitors in all sprouts
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 31, 2010 04:00AM

cool Troy yer in Detroit now? smiling smiley

sorry no answer to your sprout question , i toss the water into my house plants or garden smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: sprouting garbanzos; enzyme inhibitors in all sprouts
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: June 01, 2010 06:25PM

Garbanzo sprouts go bad rather easily. So what I do is allow them to slightly ferment, then grind them up, add lemon juice & a bit o' salt, and bob's yer uncle. A fake cottage cheese.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables