Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What's Dadvid Wolfe's opinion?
Posted by: mdelano123 ()
Date: August 23, 2006 04:42PM

Hi

I wanted to ask about sprouting nuts & seeds and how David Wolfe, Gabriel Cousins and all the other Raw Food Pros saw it. I know that nuts and seeds are high phospherous therefore are very acid forming, but wht about after they have been soaked and/or sprouted do they loose this quality? and if so what sort of changes do they go trough? Does anyone know what these guys think of this?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What's Dadvid Wolfe's opinion?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 24, 2006 12:32PM

I personally do not care much what these guys think. Just common sense. It is true that nuts and seeds have enzyme inhibitors but we should not eat them in large quantities so it does not hurt much to eat them in their natural state, unsoaked with all their nutrients intake. I do not soak my nuts and seeds.

Re: What's Dadvid Wolfe's opinion?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 23, 2007 04:42PM

i think you have to look at the big picture - any seed, nut or bean is on a mission to grow a new plant. the last thing it wants to do is be digested. many seeds want to be eaten - they cover themselves in fruit to make sure this happens - but they want to pass through the animal or bird's digestive tract undamaged and covered in @#$%&, so that they can grow a new plant in freshly fertilised soil. that is why it has so many defence mechanisms to keep it safe from harm.
A sprout on the other hand is a baby vegetable, a completely different story alltogether. The seed has given up its defences to allow itself to grow.
Seeds and sprouts are in this sense completely different entities, like chickens and eggs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables