Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Spaghetti Squash
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 20, 2010 01:53PM

How do u prepare spaghetti squash? Also, what is a good way to eat eggplant raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spaghetti Squash
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 21, 2010 12:09AM

Raw Baba Ghanoush
Soak eggplant in water, natural apple cider vinegar and sea salt overnight. Drain and squeeze. In a food processor, blend eggplant with bell pepper, mashed garlic, basil, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, and parsley. Serve as a dip with celery stalks, bell pepper slices, carrot sticks or other veges.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 23, 2010 02:54PM

On spaghetti squash, I never eat it raw. Maybe I should. But for me, it remains part of my 20 percent cooked food through boiling 30 minutes. I really don't think I could it raw.

Eggplant is another matter. Natasha St. Michael has what I believe is the best way to eat eggplant raw. Dehydrated as a part of a sandwich in slices.

[www.rawradianthealth.com]

the context is using eggplant as an alternative to romaine leaves or flax crackers as part of a sandwich. Ingenious.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2010 02:54PM by pborst.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 24, 2010 01:41AM

Looks delicioussmiling smiley and paul, I roast mine, it gets a spaghetti like texture, then I make a raw sauce to pour over it...I like it allot more than the zucchini spaghetti...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 24, 2010 04:16PM

Spagetti squash cooked:

Cut in half.
Place cut side down in 1" of water in baking pan.
Bake at 400 for about 45 min.
Scrape out strands with fork.

eat.

Vinny

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 28, 2010 02:25PM

yup, exactly how I cook it...the sauce is pretty simple and easy that I make to go over it, tomatoes (fresh organic ones lately! they are cheap at the farmers market right nowgrinning smiley) put them through my juicer with the blank twice along with some garlic, then a little bit of pure red chili powder (NO other additives, I powder it myself... just dried chillies...) and a few drops or so to taste of Worcestershire sauce... I like it, its simple, and easy to make fast...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables