Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gluten Free/rejuvelac
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 15, 2010 08:20PM

Because of being on wheat and gluten free, I have been told wheat grass is a no no. I am also soy free, dairy and fructose free and will be on a low residue diet for some time.
I am juicing mostly greens and looking for a way to get more protein, besides using nuts. It looks like Ann Wigmore's rejuvelac will not be ok for me.
I have Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, IBS and Diverticulitis and healing from a recent acute infection from a blocked intestine after eating to many salads high in residue.
I am hoping if I try the rejuvelac anyway, it might not give me a reaction. Has anyone with similar diet restrictions, been ok with it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gluten Free/rejuvelac
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 16, 2010 03:29PM

If it were me I would stay away from the wheat grass. I've read a lot of people who react to it and it's probably best to just go with what you know is gluten free and continue getting yourself healthy.

Have you looked into working with a colon therapist? I have been working with one for 8 months now and the therapy has completely changed my life. I recommend this 1000%. Keep up with the juicing. From what I understand apples and lemons are excellent for the colon. Also cucumber, carrots, beets, radishes, parsley, celery, dandelion, ginger, garlic. Along with all the other wonderful veggies out there. I've been juicing on and off for a few months now but really started to get into it. I've been reminded several times to make sure that I'm adding extra fiber to my diet. Juicing alone is not enough.

I too live with a very strict food program. I get protein from seeds and beans: hemp seed is awesome (doesn't taste like anything and you can sprinkle it on everything), flax seed (you can ground it up and add to your juices), sunflower seed, pumpkin seed. I make lots of hummus and different bean dips to eat with fresh veggies. You can make all different flavours.

For me... exercise was a big part of healing. I got a membership to the YMCA and do aquafit 3 to 4 times a week. Keeps my energy and spirit up to keep me on track with my food program. I also found that working in the pool was much easier on me physically. With colon issues I was finding it hard to do any sort of running/aerobics. But with swimming I have no issues.

Good luck to you smiling smiley Keep up your hard work. It will pay off

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables