Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

So cool! I went to an info session for a community garden in a nearby townsmiling smiley
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 12, 2011 09:58PM

I am glad I did, too. They encourage organic seeds (especially heirlooms), as well as organic practices. And even though I have no experience with gardening, they can help me!smiling smiley So I am eager to enter this new world. I took home a couple of seed catalogs. They remind me of the old Sears catalog Wishbookwinking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So cool! I went to an info session for a community garden in a nearby townsmiling smiley
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 13, 2011 08:14AM

awsmoe!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Re: So cool! I went to an info session for a community garden in a nearby townsmiling smiley
Date: March 13, 2011 11:24PM

Last night I had a blast looking at all thee heirloom veggiessmiling smiley They had pictures with all of them and seeing all these cukes that are round and light-colored and other strange-looking produce was fascinating! The people were very friendly and it seems like it's gonna be a neat experience!

Date: March 14, 2011 01:35AM

"Thee heirloom veggies?!" I got Olde English there for a minute. LOL

Date: March 14, 2011 04:19AM

hehehehehe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 15, 2011 02:13AM

bananawho, I understand your excitement about the community garden. I feel it too. There is a large intensive organic farm near where I'll be living for the next two or three years. It is easy walking distance for me. I haven't met the person in charge, but think it is a cooperative thing. If so, I'm excited to have the support to learn about it and to do it with others. I've had small gardens in the past, but doing it on my own has felt burdensome and lonely. This is also in a beautiful setting in a valley in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Let us know what you grow and I'll write about my results too. smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Date: March 15, 2011 03:19PM

Trive! You are not in New Zealand anymore? Are you in West VA? If so, I would love to hear about your experiences not only w/the garden but in that area. I have been looking on Craigslist for cheap land around the country. I am manifesting the money to make this happenwinking smiley My only concern is to be around conscious people...Yes, I will update on here my experiences. I am a total newbie and have not been able to even keep houseplants alive, LOL, so this will be quite an accomplishment if I can make this work...Cheers!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 16, 2011 06:24PM

bananawho, we are keeping our farm in New Zealand. I agreed to come back to the US for a business venture IF AND ONLY IF we DEFINITELY will be coming back to our NZ farm! (It is breaking my heart to have left my donks there. Fortunately, we have two housesitters/caretakers who know them and love them.) Nonetheless I'm happy to be here for a while near family and old friends. I'm in central Virginia. My husband bought a farm here 25 years ago and the business will be on that land.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: March 22, 2011 11:31PM

Sounds like fun, BW. My grandparents had a plot when I was little. It was surprising how much can be grown in such a small space.

Date: March 23, 2011 05:53PM

I would love to know how much room is necessary for each plant but all the details are not ironed out. The fun thing is looking thru those catalogs and all the rare, interesting veggies one can grow!smiling smiley

Date: March 24, 2011 01:38AM

Most vining veggies that have small fruits, such as some cucumbers, can be trained up a trellis too, increasing your growing spacegrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley!!!!!!

Date: March 24, 2011 03:11PM

Thanks, Curator. I saw some interesting cukes in the catalog--one was called lemon cuke and was a pale yellow color and supposedly has a faint lemony taste. Very awesome!

Date: March 24, 2011 08:33PM

I like lemon cukes ^_^ they are definitely unique, I enjoyed them, but whatever type I had didnt produce as much as my normal ones, but I still really liked it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables