Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

For Prana
Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 24, 2011 04:13PM

Hi Prana,

I would be very interested to hear what you eat on a weekly basis and where you get all of your food from. Do you garden? If so, how do you prepare soil and how do you know what types of seeds to buy so that you are not getting seeds that have been messed with and changed by humans (I've no doubt there is as term for this. Just don't know what it is. Sorry, brand new here.).

Thanks in advance Prana. I ask you, specifically, because out of all of the threads that I have read, thus far, on this forum, you seem to me, to be the most balanced.

Oh, also, what water do you drink?

Blessings,
Mindy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For Prana
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 30, 2011 01:50AM

Hi Mindy,

I buy a lot of my food in bulk, buying cases at a time of navel, valencias, clementines, dates, and other fruits. I usually eat about 30 pounds of bananas a week on top of other seasonal fruits, as well as 7 heads of romaine a week, though recently I've been enjoying romaine hearts over romaine.

Last time I went shopping I bought 38 pounds of valencias, 25 pounds of pixies, 20 pounds of bananas, 5 pounds of cherimoya, 3 avocados, 4 bags of 3 romaine hearts, 12 bunches of kale, a pound of baby spinach, 3 pounds of red bell peppers, 3 stalks of celery, one head of red cabbage. I buy my bulk produce purchase in a food buying club, and the buying club buys the produce directly from a organic distributor.

I buy my dates from the Date People and Flying Disc Ranch.

I have been planting a garden outside my apartment in planters, growing tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, lemon cucumbers, and lettuce. I get my starts from friends, and some of those seeds are from heirloom plants, so I don't buy the seeds, as I get starts.

I have a counter top water filter made by Crystal Quest that remove chlorine and fluoride from the water, as well as various organic matter.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 30, 2011 07:06PM

That sounds great, Prana! Thanks for all the specifics, too...

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: April 03, 2011 05:42AM

Wow, that is just wild! Amazing how much you can consume. So great!

I really appreciate all of the run down. I so love details. Hard to learn without them.

Have a great week!

*Want to Google your water filtration system.

Mindy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables