Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sprouts sprouting insanely fast???
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 29, 2011 10:01PM

ok I bought some lentils from a bulk bin at winco, decided to try and sprout some in a plastic bowl with a lid, as I love lentil sprouts... aaaaand they have started sprouting, in about two hours... only a little at this point, but noticeable...this is weird, ive never had lentils sprout this fast in my life?! could it be that I soaked them in water for about an hour be4 draining them? I normally just soak for a couple minutes, then drain, and soak for a couple minutes 3-4 times a day...they normally dont start sprouting for me for a day or two...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sprouts sprouting insanely fast???
Date: March 30, 2011 08:11PM

ok here it is, weirdness, this is 24 hours after I initially started them, and they are starting to grow little leaves... I think im gonna have me a lentil wrap in a little bitsmiling smiley mmmmmmmm

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 31, 2011 03:24AM

longer soaking for sure helps with sproouting it softens the seed coat and activates the grow response smiling smiley (think spring rains) smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: March 31, 2011 04:53AM

ahhh, good point, everything I read online seems to state this is still an abnormal growth rate,lol, and they are suggesting an overnight soaking for the first soak... I will have to try that for the next tasty batch... mmmmmmmm....

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 01, 2011 03:27PM

Monsatan brand, perhaps? God help us if that's true. Tomorrow there will be creatures swings in the sprouts like a jungle!

Date: April 01, 2011 03:42PM

lol, maybe, probably since its in the bulk bin at costco... but oh well.

Posted by: drayb ()
Date: April 07, 2011 06:17PM

Thanks to everyone that has shared their feedback w/regards to sprouting as growing my own sprouts is all new to me and I am very excited to start growing my own spouts here in my own apartment. Also; later on I will be sharing additional materials using food grade hydrogen peroxide when growing your home grown sprouts and vegetables as well which you can purchase food grade hydrogen peroxide via the internet which is not the same grade as the hydrogen peroxide you purchase at your local grocery store or drug store. There is also caution when you use food grade hydrogen peroxide which will be explained in detail in the article I will be sharing.

Actually; my ultimate goal is to eat all raw foods and remove cooked foods from my daily diet.

I have been doing some ongoing research via the net on enzymes as well which has become very exciting research work for me. It is my opinion; most people are not being educated w/regards to ENZYMES. I read a very interesting eBook entitled: HOW DO ENZYMES WORK IN YOUR BODY? By bestselling nutritional author STEPHNEY A. LANGFORD.I believe everyone should read this eBook which is formated as a PDF file which is an easy download; so they will better understand how enzymes work and why our body absolutely needs them. Go check it out at the following link just below.

www.wholeearthhealth.com/files/2258229/uploaded/how_do_enzymes_work_in_your_body.pdf

If you are interested; I have some additional research materials on enzymes which is very educational as well. Let me know by sending me an eMail at
Donna Barcus drayb.resources@gmail.com and add the word enzymes in the subj line so I will not mistakenly delerte or overlook your eMail.

And if you have any research materials you are willing to share on enzymes or other ongoing health relate issues; please do share.

Thank you and I hope everyone has a bless day.

Donna Barcus
drayb.resources@gmail.com

Posted by: drayb ()
Date: April 08, 2011 06:35PM

Thanks to everyone that has shared their feedback w/regards to sprouting as growing my own sprouts is all new to me and I am very excited to start growing my own spouts here in my own apartment. Also; later on I will be sharing additional materials using food grade hydrogen peroxide when growing your home grown sprouts and vegetables as well which you can purchase food grade hydrogen peroxide via the internet which is not the same grade as the hydrogen peroxide you purchase at your local grocery store or drug store. There is also caution when you use food grade hydrogen peroxide which will be explained in detail in the article I will be sharing.

Actually; my ultimate goal is to eat all raw foods and remove cooked foods from my daily diet.

I have been doing some ongoing research via the net on enzymes as well which has become very exciting research work for me. It is my opinion; most people are not being educated w/regards to ENZYMES. I read a very interesting eBook entitled: HOW DO ENZYMES WORK IN YOUR BODY? By bestselling nutritional author STEPHNEY A. LANGFORD.I believe everyone should read this eBook which is formated as a PDF file which is an easy download; so they will better understand how enzymes work and why our body absolutely needs them. Go check it out at the following link just below.

www.wholeearthhealth.com/files/2258229/uploaded/how_do_enzymes_work_in_your_body.pdf

If you are interested; I have some additional research materials on enzymes which is very educational as well. Let me know by sending me an eMail at
Donna Barcus drayb.resources@gmail.com and add the word enzymes in the subj line so I will not mistakenly delerte or overlook your eMail.

And if you have any research materials you are willing to share on enzymes or other ongoing health relate issues; please do share.

Thank you and I hope everyone has a bless day.

Donna Barcus
drayb.resources@gmail.com

Date: April 09, 2011 01:03AM

Spammers annoy me:/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: TGR ()
Date: April 10, 2011 12:06AM

We have 15 varieties of high quality sprouting seeds including crimson and french lentils. I would suggest using a natural hemp bag for your lentils. I have great results everytime. No worry of mold and they can be stored in the hemp bag in the refrigerator.

Take care,
TGR
www.thrivinggoneraw.com

Date: April 10, 2011 03:36AM

meh, they sprout great in the containers ive been using, with no mold problem so far...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables