Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Brought in my plants today (finally)
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 29, 2011 03:43AM

We have had frosts already and I kept forgetting to bring in the stevia plant and my others. I am waiting to see if my zebra plant survived that shock of cold. It had black ends that I ripped off and it seems to be still alive but it hasn't grown any yet, so I am crossing my fingers...I was amazed that the stevia seemed not the worse for wear. I would like to research to see what its ideal climate is, as it originates from South America. But of course not all locales there are balmy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brought in my plants today (finally)
Date: December 27, 2011 06:17PM

Aarggh! My plants have become straggly since I brought them in. I think they're still alive but I don't know what to do. The stevia has flowery thingies (green and no colors). But the leaves are sparse and it's falling over itself. Does anyone use supports for indoor plants? I don't know the name of another of my plants--maybe I'll take a pic of it. It's yellowing and I don't know what that means!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 27, 2011 06:43PM

Plants tend to get straggly if there is too little light

Not sure about the yellowing that usually indicates a nutrient imbalances ir again even a lack of light can cause yellowing

Are they in a sunny window or ? smiling smiley

Yea maybe take a pic.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 28, 2011 06:04PM

I don't know what I'm gonna do, Jodi. I don't really have a lot of Sun in my place. I just want to keep them alive until next spring!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 28, 2011 09:27PM

you should be able to get relatively cheap (under 10$) full spectrum grow lightbulbs from a garden store maybe, which would be better than standard lightbulbs to help your plants if you can dedicate a spot for them by that lamp or area where the bulb is ...

I also looked up in my plant books that overwatering can cause yellowing too smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables