Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is Miracle Gro horrendous?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 03, 2012 12:24AM

So I was at a health store yesterday and the owner's plants are all so healthy. He said he uses Miracle Gro but I thought that stuff wasn't kosher. Now I wanna use it because even if it's not organic, as long as I am not eating the plants, it's all good, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Miracle Gro horrendous?
Date: April 13, 2012 06:03PM

Well, I just looked up Miracle-Gro on Wikipedia and they got in trouble several years ago for selling bird seed coated with a substance poisonous to birds (and fish) eye rolling smiley No way!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:34PM

Manure or compost tea or seaweed solution work pretty great if you're looking for an alternative.

Date: April 13, 2012 11:19PM

Coco, I live near some woods that I used to visit with my father as a kid. He'd collect the horse manure from the trails because there was a stable nearby. I don't think it's around anymoresad smiley That seaweed solution might work (don't know what compost tea is).

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 13, 2012 11:52PM

It's just basically compost soak water, easy enough to do if you've got some ripe compost and a big enough bucket. Check it out smiling smiley.

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: April 21, 2012 08:48PM

When making compost tea it is better to aerate it like with a small pump because if the compost just sits in the water for too long it will go anaerobic (not good).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables