Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wheatgrass
Posted by: greif ()
Date: February 11, 2012 09:42PM

Hi

I'm new to growing wheatgrass, I cut at about 7in tall and it is really bitter tasting when juiced, I am growing in sunlight. Would that cause it?

gary

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wheatgrass
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: February 14, 2012 01:41PM

greif Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ........it is really bitter tasting when juiced, I am growing in sunlight.Would that cause it?

You should plant in a soil-less mixture with fertilizer to get a sweet tasting Grass......WY

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: February 25, 2012 04:05AM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You should plant in a soil-less mixture with fertilizer to get a sweet tasting Grass......WY

Maybe I should elaborate on the fertilizer? My favorite homemade fertilizer included a Carrot, Terramin Clay, and diluted Ocean water, all blended in my Vitamix. The Grass turned out very sweet. Gotta get back to doing that again one of these days......WY

Posted by: adannielle ()
Date: March 01, 2012 08:20AM

I am also new to growing wheatgrass but so far have found that a cocotek mat and a sprinkle of azomite minerals seem to make a great tasting wheatgrass. Good luck! Its fun.....smiling smiley

Posted by: raw.bunny ()
Date: April 04, 2012 04:21PM

does wheatgrass have to be grown indoors?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 04, 2012 04:42PM

Nope. I've read about it being grown outdoors under or close to a tree to keep the sunlight dappled. Take care to grow near a tree that is ok to grow near food and keep in mind that animals may come along and pee on your crop though, lol.

Posted by: skuli ()
Date: April 06, 2012 04:15AM

My first attempt at wheatgrass was ok, a little strong but not bad, but my barley grass almost came up as soon as I swallowed it, I have to mix it with pineapple or apple juice to choke it down

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables