Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has this ever happened to you?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 27, 2012 06:33PM

I have two beds at the community garden. I wanted to see if anyone was available for picking. I picked a nice-sized lemon cuke from one bed. The other bed was created a bit later than the first and seems to be healthier overall. I think that missing some bug infestations and funky weather helped it. So I go to one of the cuke plants and see some strange object on the floor of the bed. It looked like this: [www.specialtyproduce.com]

Now what's weird is that I am almost positive that the two cuke plants there were planted from seed and that both were lemon cuke plants! It's blowing my mind to see such a different type there.

Re: Has this ever happened to you?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 27, 2012 11:09PM

Correction: anyTHING. I normally don't pick up people at the community garden!winking smiley LOL

Re: Has this ever happened to you?
Posted by: brome ()
Date: November 27, 2012 09:50PM

Great variation is what one should see from the seeds one plants. It means you have the broad genetic base that will allow the plant population to respond to disease, insects, environmental change, and the desires of the grower for better, tastier produce. Most crops these days are terribly inbred with little genetic variation making them susceptible to disease etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables