Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The quirks of weather and their effects on produce
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 18, 2012 12:37AM

I was in the garden this morning and asked a fellow gardener (who has one of the most impressive plots in the place) why my larger tomatoes just won't ripen. I have cherry tomatoes which had no problem ripening but for some reason the bigger ones just sit there green and then they crack. She said she had the same issue, as have other people. So she picks them green and leaves them on the sill. And they ripen there (but not on the vine, for whatever bizarre reason). I don't think anyone had luck with zukes this season and last year they were nuts! So the weather conditions likely played a big part in this. We have had plenty of Sun (albeit with drought conditions for most of the summer) so I am surprised about the lack of ripening in the big tomatoes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The quirks of weather and their effects on produce
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 20, 2012 11:06AM

Tomatoes up here in western bc are all still green too I thought I planted too late but I've compared notes with a dozen other gardeners in area and they all have the same issue. Big green tomatoes !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables