Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Flaked Oats vs Sprouted Oats
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 14, 2012 03:07AM

I thought it might be beneficial to add Raw Oats to my Green Smoothies, so I bought a KoMo FlocMan designed specifically for flaking oats. Now I'm having second thoughts that sprouting the oats may be even better.
Does anyone have an opinion about this?......WY

[www.topemmawelt.de]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flaked Oats vs Sprouted Oats
Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: January 18, 2013 07:51PM

Yes, sprouting the oats is a much better idea. Unsprouted oats have nutrient + enzyme inhibitors (like phytic acid) that make them difficult to digest and rob your body of nutrients [all grains, legumes, nuts and seeds do], but when you sprout them most of these inhibitors are deactivated. Sprouting also dramatically increases the enzyme, vitamin, and even mineral levels, and also increases the bioavailability of those nutrients. When you sprout seeds some b vitamin levels can increase 2,000-3,000%!

Raw nuts, seeds, grains, legumes (including oats) = hard to digest, irritate your digestive tract and inhibit nutrient absorption. In the long run these foods can cause serious mineral deficiencies.

Sprout nuts, seeds, grains, legumes (including oats) = very easy to digest, loaded with vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and other phytonutrients in the most absorbable form. Because they're rapidly growing, sprouts are also brimming with electromagnetic vibration (life energy), far more then any other food. An amazing food capable of fixing many nutrient deficiencies.

Re: Flaked Oats vs Sprouted Oats
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 25, 2013 06:43PM

You can sprout the oats, then dry and flake them or flake and dry them in that order. I agree that sprouted grains can be easier to digest, higher in nutrients as well. They aren't exactly tasty though... Perhaps ok in dehydrated crackers and breads.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables