Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

lentil sprouts
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 09, 2007 11:41AM

i just sprouted lentils.any idea what i can do with them?thanks so much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: lentil sprouts
Date: January 09, 2007 04:04PM

hello-can anyone tell me how they use lentil sprouts. i thought i would try to sprout a legume i was familar with...so now i have these sprouts waiting.toss in a salad?are they high in calories?like beans?i don't want that cause i amon a diet.the raw books i got only seem to use every other sprout in recipes and not lentils.HELP-PLEASE

Date: January 10, 2007 04:08AM

never mind-i found out how in another part of this site.thanks though.taylor

Posted by: diousebla ()
Date: October 17, 2013 09:12PM

Hi Taylor,

Lentils were the very first sprouts I ever did. My husband tasted raw but when I cooked them he really preferred. I saute an onion til golden, add celery, bell or banana peppers and carrot, cook to tenderness preference. I have added Mrs. Dash seasoning, soy sauce, hot sauce, garlic/onion powder etc to taste. Last but not least I add the lentil sprouts. Those I like a little crunchy so they get added last. In summer I add squash or tomatoes. He has not turned them down no matter the combination, but does not like raw LOl.

Good luck!

Posted by: ramanan ()
Date: February 07, 2014 12:13AM

Do any one know how to peel of the skins of sprouted green pea, chick peas, sunflower seeds, lentils etc., easily?

Posted by: kiran ()
Date: April 15, 2014 05:17AM

Hi
I soaked chick peas for 1 day and after that i throw the water out.keep those chick peas in my fridge foe 6 days,now they sprout out.Can I cook them and is it good to be cooked and eat..thanks

Posted by: kiran ()
Date: April 16, 2014 03:36AM

ramanan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do any one know how to peel of the skins of
> sprouted green pea, chick peas, sunflower seeds,
> lentils etc., easily?

Hi
I soaked chick peas for 1 day and after that i throw the water out.keep those chick peas in my fridge foe 6 days,now they sprout out.Can I cook them and is it good to be cooked and eat..thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables