Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sprouting question...?
Posted by: idarastar ()
Date: February 03, 2007 10:03PM

Is it possible to sprout with just a collander and cheesecloth?
I was trying to sprout black-eyed peas this way. Only like 5 sprouted small tails. I don't really want to shell out money for some fancy jars and stuff. I do have some jars. I have been reading some information about sprouting, I'm just looking for the simplest way to do it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sprouting question...?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 04, 2007 08:51PM

Sure. Why not? You don't need to get too fancy. I just use bowls and a strainer....and fresh rinsing water....of course. Don't soak too long (8 hours should be fine)......and then rinse with cool water and keep covered with a cloth in a cool area (about 72F). Keep out of the sun. Rinse at least twice per day and drain thoroughly. If you don't see significant sprouts after three days of this process - try a different source.....or try a different seed!

-Hope this helps!

-David Z. Mason

Re: Sprouting question...?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 23, 2007 04:23PM

best way for beans in my opinion is to do them in a pillow case, which drains well and keeps the equipment side of things to a minimum. If an organic bean doesn't sprout in a pillowcase, its past its shelf life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables