Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Indian plums, thimbleberries
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: June 23, 2007 05:04AM

Have any of you had indian plums? I ate about a dozen today, they were perfectly ripe. I tried some that were about 50% ripe, and they just tasted awful. I am glad that I gave it a second chance. The taste is unlike any other fruit I have tasted. Sort of like a plum, but not as sweet or overly watery, also quite a bit firmer. Also a slight bitter taste. Its kind of odd however, Its bitter at first and then it leaves you mouth with a sweet after taste. Isn't that mentioned in the Bhavagad gita?

I have a question. Some sources say to limit ones consumption of indian plums, others don't mention any limit and say that it was a food source for certain tribes in the united states and canada. Does anyone know why anyone would want to limit consumption?

I also had a thimblerry the first of the season. In the next two weeks there is going to be a lot, I can see the unripe berries all over the place. I just love them, because they have so much more flavor than raspberries or even salmonberries. I like to tell my friend that it tastes sort of like raspberry filling or jam. i guess thats more of the texture.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables