Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sprouting then what?
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: September 28, 2007 05:41AM

I am curious after I done sprouting, how do I eat them? In salad or soup? Also anyone know a good indoor herb garden can grow my own herb?

Thks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sprouting then what?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 01, 2007 06:50PM

herbs are probably the easiest to grow indoors .. just go to your garden store and buy some small terracotta type pots (not the plastic ones the real clay pots) , pick out a half dozen seeds you like or would like to try , get some nice organic soil mix (herbs are really forgiving just get a standard organic mix) , plant the seeds in the dirt , give em a bit of water everday till you see something sprout (dont overwater to soak the soil or the seeds may just rot from waterlogged) set em somewhere with lots of light (doesnt have to be super sunny just light) , if its getting cold by the windows at night just pull them away then put back in the morning.. before you know it you will have a mini herb garden on the grow ! smiling smiley

and yes just throw the sprouts in your soups or salads or smoothies smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2007 06:50PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2008 02:12PM

I usually make a salad from just sprouts...alfalfa,quinoa,mung....with a tiny bit of dressing.
smiling smiley

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 27, 2008 09:18PM

i started making alfalfa and clover sprout smoothies. i have one today that is clover sprouts, cantalope, strawberries, and bananas, and it is super tasty. and talk about cheap greens, i am really impressed with myself. i pay $7/lb for spinach here in maui, and i can make a ton of sprouts for pennies. i rule!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables