Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I killed my seedlings! yawning smiley( What did I do wrong?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 04, 2006 05:35AM

Hope you guys can help me! I wanted to have an organic garden this year so I purchased the organic seeds and started them in one of those little plastic greenhouses you can get at Wal-Mart. They came up beautifully, when the seemed to be getting pretty big I transplanted them to small pots. Immediately they stopped growing, and most of them died. The very few that survived are just barely alive, and seem to be growing very slowly compared to what they were. What did I do wrong? Did I not wait long enough? Was the soil I used (gardening soil from Home Depot) too rich? Please help! I have another set coming up, I want these to make it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I killed my seedlings! yawning smiley( What did I do wrong?
Posted by: FrogQueen ()
Date: May 04, 2006 02:33PM

Did you start them indoors without much light? Last year my seedlings shot up like little weeds then just killed over. Turns out they weren't getting enough light.

Don't despair there's still time to start over or just wait and buy the plants.

Good luck with your garden

Posted by: reuben ()
Date: May 05, 2006 02:53AM

some kinds of plants can be transplanted easy but some don't like their roots disturbed. or there could be a fertility problem.

Posted by: summer ()
Date: August 17, 2006 04:29AM

need a few more details here, like how exactly did you transplant them, did you remember to water them in as soon as transplanted, etc...

Jade

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 02, 2007 01:19PM

Hi Cutemama:

Try soaking your seeds in a jar of water overnight then plant them to your 3"grow pots. Make sure your grow pots have good drainage as you want to soak your soil with the water you used to soak your seeds with.

Mebee

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables