Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

About Organic Drinks and Pet Food!
Posted by: AshleyMartin ()
Date: November 15, 2007 04:40PM

I am finding myself much more comfortable after switching to an organic diet but I would like to get to know of some good organic drinks and their recipes so that I have a choice of some liquid supplement. I have a few pets at home and am seriously thinking about them too to switch them over to organic food. Thanks for your ideas!

Re: About Organic Drinks and Pet Food!
Posted by: frances ()
Date: November 15, 2007 09:25PM

* Juices: Entire books have been written about making delectable home juices, and you'll find a lot of discussions here about the subject. Enjoy carrot/wheatgrass juice, or juice a whole watermelon (I juice the rind right along with the fruit). Discard the dry pulp or use it for another recipe.

* Nut milks: Soak 1 cup of raw nuts (almonds and walnuts are common) for a few hours or overnight. Put soaked nuts in a blender with 3 cups of fresh water (not the soaking water). Blend well, then strain through a nylon mesh bag. The ratio of nuts to water can be adjusted according to how thick and creamy you like your milk. Discard the pulp or use it for another recipe.

* Coconut water: Crack open a fresh coconut and drain the water. The water is incredibly healthy when fresh. Drink straight, or mix into a recipe. Don't forget to find a good recipe for the coconut meat too! Young coconuts are even healthier than mature ones, and are easier to open.

For more complex recipes, get a raw food cookbook or a juicing book. There are plenty of good ones. Nearly every raw food cookbook has a good collection of beverage recipes.

P.S. You didn't say what kind of pets you have, but Ani Phyo's cookbook has a few of her dog's favorite recipes at the back of the book: [www.amazon.com]. Also, [sproutpeople.com] offers a line of products for growing fresh green sprouts for a variety of animals. All kinds of indoor pets may have diets lacking in fresh vegetable matter.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2007 09:33PM by frances.

Re: About Organic Drinks and Pet Food!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 16, 2007 07:03PM

It feels great to know that you are feeling much better on an organic diet. There are sure organic-drinks and pet-foods available in the market. Best would be to visit the site www.organicauthority.com where you can find everything about organic living. Have fun!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables