Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice pulp in the garden?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 07, 2008 11:12PM

Does anyone know if it is harmful to take the juice pulp and work it into the garden soil without going thru the one-year-compost routine? I'm not ambitious enough to start composting but I don't want to harm the plants. TIA. --Stacie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice pulp in the garden?
Posted by: cy ()
Date: February 08, 2008 12:43AM

I don't think that has any harm,but my husband said that it attracts a lot of animals like scanK and racoons,so I don't do it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 08, 2008 11:59AM

Oh, that's a really good point; thanks mucho, cy. I didn't think of that. Tell your husband "thanks" for me. --S

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 11, 2008 12:13AM

I agree. Turning into compost first is not a bad idea...but putting food products directly into your soil...is probably not a good idea! Good call CY.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: lthierga ()
Date: February 12, 2008 06:46PM

The pulp won't attract animals if you dig a hole first then put the pulp in and cover it up. I do this every summer and there is no smell and no animals get attracted to it. The pulp is excellant for the soil and worms.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables