Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Flax frustrations
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 16, 2008 08:02PM

Flax seems to be the only thing that I *cannot* get to sprout... and I'd love to get it sprouted since I'm getting paranoid about my omega balance. angry smiley

I have a hemp bag. Flax is different because you can't soak mucilaginous seeds. Does anyone else get it to sprout? Can you please give me a step-by-step breakdown of how exactly you do it? e.g., amount of seed, how much water to moisten, how frequently and in what amounts and for how long do you re-moisten, etc.

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flax frustrations
Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: March 02, 2008 11:30PM

In my "living in the raw" book by Rose Calabro, she has a whole chapter on sprouting and she says flax "sprout" by soaking them for 4-6 hrs without rinsing. I think flax are the only seed that doesn't really sprout, but that sounds weird.
The way I do it is soak them and blend them in a coffee grinder and use it that way.

Flax seed oil is easy to add to stuff too.

Re: Flax frustrations
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 05, 2008 08:10PM

[www.sproutpeople.com] » sproutpeople's flax sprouting info!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables