Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lentil sprout suggestions?
Posted by: Shann ()
Date: March 12, 2008 07:37PM

I sprouted my first lentils and they are delicious.

I snacked a few to see what they tasted like, then I put a handful in my smoothie today.

Anyone have suggestions for Lentil sprouts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lentil sprout suggestions?
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 27, 2008 09:21PM

i tried to make some lentil/nut pates but they came out horrible. but all my nut pates come out horrible, so i can't blame the sprouts.

i like to toss lentil sprouts with a light curry dressing and just snack away. aren't they fun? and if you grow a bunch of colored lentils together they just look beautiful. also great on spinach salads, etc.

Posted by: idarastar ()
Date: April 21, 2008 05:21PM

maui_butterfly: What do you mean your lentil sprout pate attempt was "horrible"?

Was it a runny consistency? Or would they not blend?

What kind of lentils are you using?

I know cooked lentils have a difference in texture (red lentils are mushier and don't retain shape like green or brown lentils would).
I don't know if sprouted lentils, depending on the color, would have a difference as well.

Linked here is my idea for lentil soup. I haven't tried it, but the idea is intriguing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2008 05:31PM by idarastar.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 21, 2008 05:33PM

I think sprouts mixed together with lemon is so refreshing. there are recipes I have seen with sprouts, nut butters and sea weed chopped in a food processor. They are good in wraps.

My favorite pate is a Storm and Jinjee one called sunflower pate. It is made with sunflower seed sprouts and herbs. I mix up the ingredients and it always comes out delish. I love it on a nori roll. I don't think you could mess it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2008 05:34PM by pakd4fun.

Posted by: anais ()
Date: November 26, 2008 01:39AM

I've discovered that I really love the french (black)
lentils and I found them very easy to sprout.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables