Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Buckwheat hulls...
Posted by: mira ()
Date: April 07, 2008 03:47PM

I'm presently sproutig buckwheat, the sprouts are getting pretty long, but the hulls just dont seem to be ready to fall...

I usually put my sunflower sprouts in the salad spiner to get rid of the hulls. But would that work with buckwhat? The hull has such a weird shape, it kinda grabs the head of the sprout, making me confused!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buckwheat hulls...
Date: April 08, 2008 02:26AM

?

Posted by: frances ()
Date: April 08, 2008 04:30PM

It's been a while since I've grown buckwheat, but I remember it taking around two weeks. How long have yours been growing?

Date: April 08, 2008 10:54PM

2 weeks????
mines been growing for nearly a week now...

Date: April 09, 2008 02:42PM

Are you growing them in soil? If so, I'd recommend just letting them go longer. If not, you may have trouble keeping them growing healthily that long and you may have to harvest early. As the plants grow the hulls will get easier and easier to pull off by hand, so the more time you can give them the better.

Date: April 09, 2008 09:17PM

no...Ive been spruting them in a jar... Maybe theyre just not ment to be grown in jar... too much of a hassel

Date: April 09, 2008 09:22PM

Mmm... I'll be interested to know how well they turn out, especially if it works well enough that you want to try it again! You may be stuck trying to manually remove a lot of hulls if you hope to eat them.

Date: April 11, 2008 07:20PM

unfortunatly, i threw them away...The result was a solid ball of sprouts with the hulls all stuck in that....Next time, ill grown them in soil..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables