Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lyme Disease Help, Please!!!
Posted by: new2green ()
Date: July 06, 2008 08:28PM

My husband is sure he has Lyme Disease. We have been searching and saw about 2 stories of people who cured their lyme with raw foods.
Does anyone have any experience with that?
We do not have health insurance, so we have to do this on our own. All suggestions and testimonials are welcome.
Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lyme Disease Help, Please!!!
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: July 07, 2008 01:25AM

Yes, three years ago I came down with Bells Palsy.. living in a place where Lyme Disease is endemic and recollecting a tick bite several months prior made a self diagnosis pretty sure. I googled treatments and found none that I thought would help what I believed to be a somewhat advanced case (where the bacteria were attacking my nervous system). A quick visit to my optometrist helped a little with eye care. He tried to get me to see my doctor (who could not fit it in) or go to the hospital. I decided to self treat with rest and juicing and eating foods that I believed would build my immune system like greens and aloe vera.

The Bells Palsy subsided in a week.. I have some residual nerve effects (sometimes I squint and tear when I chew smiling smiley I also had other symtoms like numbness and tingling in my arms, and fatigue.. they passed.. but it took a year or two to really feel strong again.

The spirochetal bacteria that causes Lyme Disease is pretty nasty.. people who diagnose it early can get a simple antibiotic which is effective.

Is your husband having advanced symptoms?

Posted by: new2green ()
Date: July 07, 2008 01:33AM

He thinks he is, but we saw the bulls-eye marks on his body about 7 months ago. Last month he went to get new lenses and the optometrist saw some problems with his peripheral vision. We will see that in 3 weeks. He googled symptoms and has lots of them.
Diarrhea, heart paltitations, swelling of the knees, back aches, throat hurts, headaches, lack of energy and mild depression and the list goes on.
I'm affraid some are suggestive, because he is reading too much stuff, but I can't help but be concerned mostly because of the rashes.

Date: July 07, 2008 01:48AM

new2green Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...the bulls-eye marks

> ...but I can't help but be
> concerned mostly because of the rashes.

It was my understanding that the classic bulls-eye mark appears right where the tick has bitten you.. and appears anywhere from a few days to a month from the time of the bite. What do you make of the multiple rashes? Did he find a tick or several ticks? I'm aware that sometimes people never know they were bitten and go on to get the disease..

Date: July 07, 2008 02:55AM

Oh, I see now, the multiple rashes are consistent with stage 2 of Lyme Disease according to [en.wikipedia.org] .. I never got the rashes but some of the other symtoms, yes

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2008 03:08AM by loeve.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 07, 2008 06:08AM

Could somthing else be up besides Lymes?
``When they first came out with lymes disease, excuse me when lymes was first
``Identifiable and diagnosed, the diagnose was then very controversial!
and very expensive. Have the drug companys cleared the air on the controversy
yet? Im a little out of touch.
I would like to say I have lived in the redwoods on the river a rain forest
with lots of ticks for over 34,yrs I get bit no less than 50 times a year and ``have not come down with lies Disease, Also the red bulls eye comes with most
tick bites. I have a few people I`know (just two) who have been diagnosed with ``it
and they are for sure suffering from somthing,But I cant help but think this is ``more make money crap for the pharm Chem boys my friend said his treatment was ``10,000 plus and on a buy more program.
The Disease of the month is Anxious leg syndrome, so if you have leg twit they ``have a new diagnose and a new drug quit twit new monthly treatments
Mabey the tick sets it off but its somthing else ???
Read about controversy. I dont think antibiootics are the ansewer, you are all ``ready getting plenty if you drink tap water.
the real disease is the drug companys.
I think raw is about the best you`can do for youself knowing it has made big ``health`change for me. healing vibes to you.

Date: July 07, 2008 11:05AM

riverhousebill Wrote:
> Could somthing else be up besides Lymes?
> ``When they first came out with lymes disease,
> excuse me when lymes was first
> ``Identifiable and diagnosed, the diagnose was
> then very controversial!
> and very expensive. Have the drug companys
> cleared the air on the controversy
> yet? Im a little out of touch.
> I would like to say I have lived in the redwoods
> on the river a rain forest
> with lots of ticks for over 34,yrs I get bit no
> less than 50 times a year and ``have not come down
> with lies Disease, Also the red bulls eye comes
> with most
> tick bites. I have a few people I`know (just
> two) who have been diagnosed with ``it
> and they are for sure suffering from
> somthing,But I cant help but think this is ``more
> make money crap for the pharm Chem boys my friend
> said his treatment was ``10,000 plus and on a buy
> more program.
> The Disease of the month is Anxious leg
> syndrome, so if you have leg twit they ``have a
> new diagnose and a new drug quit twit new monthly
> treatments
> Mabey the tick sets it off but its somthing else
> ???
> Read about controversy. I dont think
> antibiootics are the ansewer, you are all ``ready
> getting plenty if you drink tap water.
> the real disease is the drug companys.
> I think raw is about the best you`can do for
> youself knowing it has made big ``health`change
> for me. healing vibes to you.

The bacteria that causes Lymes Disease is of a parasitical corkscrew type [en.wikipedia.org] .. it corkscrews its way through your flesh pretty much wherever it wants to go. In the earliest stage it can be simply treated with doxycycline, the total cost of doctors visit and drug probably under $100. Advanced cases can certainly be expensive to treat and is controversial for sure. I agree proper diagnosis is key.

Date: July 08, 2008 02:52AM

new2green Wrote:
> Last month he went
> to get new lenses and the optometrist saw some
> problems with his peripheral vision. We will see
> that in 3 weeks.

I hope that goes well..

You were looking for success stories and since we have both mentioned visits to our optometrists I thought I'd mention my most recent check-up. I am near-sighted and at the age where most need reading glasses.. however my near vision is crystal clear.. my optometrist was puzzled and a little disappointed since no (contact) lense could enable me to clearly see distant objects AND maintain the clarity I enjoy up close.

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: July 22, 2008 01:19AM

I got Lyme Disease last summer and also got Bell's Palsy. I also had the symptoms of meningitis, amongst other things. I went to the doctor and was put on antibiotics (doxycycline) for a month. I didn't have health insurance and just paid out of pocket. I suggest he just go to a health clinic and try and see if he can get free care. Do some research into how you can get help with payment. Otherwise pay out of pocket. I usually wouldn't take an antibiotic, but this is a serious disease and personally don't think you should take any chances. Do this before it gets worse. If he only had it for seven months, I think he should recover completely. From my understanding the chronic cases are the ones went without treatment for years. I made sure to take a pro-biotic between taking the antibiotics (to replenish the good bacteria in my body) and I think that helped my recovery immensely. He should eat plenty of fresh raw produce and juices. I have recovered completely. I send him best wishes.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 03, 2008 12:46AM

I had over two thousand dollars' worth of blood tests recently showing Lyme and even deadlier co-infections, like HHV-6 which is linked to MS and AIDS, and Bartonella and Babesia. Heavy metals toxicity and Lyme also go hand-in-hand. I am in a chronic state, tertiary, having contracted this a couple of decaes ago when I was a child. I would NEVER - repeat, I would NEVER treat this with any pharmaceutical. Pharmaceuticals have been viciously and cruelly tested on non-human animals. I would recommend getting Covalent Silver. Its cost would be about 90 dollars a month in the critical phase. Then you can cut back.

I am treating these deadly debilitating infections with raw foods and Covalent Silver. If you cannot afford Covalent Silver, I would strongly suggest urine therapy. It is free and cruelty-free! If you are interested in what dietary I am following, I must be emphatic that I am against organic farming as such. It is rarely vegan; it usually uses the blood and ground-up bones and hooves and horns of animals tortured then killed in the slaughterhouse/factory-farm system. So I am eating only wildcrafted foods or those grown veganically. I recommend Wild Jungle Peanuts, even if you usually shy away from nuts! However, I am trying to stay alkaline as well. Probably you could have success against these infectious diseases if you kept to an extremely alkaline dietary, whether all raw or not. I am sure you have read that these bacteria and other microorganisms thrive on refined sugar, so the first thing you must do is follow a vegan dietary with very limited inflammatory foods - infammatory foods are the foods that not only feed the "Lyme" bacteria and weaken your natural immune system but increase the toxic load in your body so that symptoms are intensified. You can get a lot of relief by cutting out inflammatory "foods" - white sugar, hydrogenated fats, gluten, animal products. I'm sure you are already doing this every hour of every day! So add the Covalent Silver if you can - in a little over a week you should feel improvement in symtpoms and get a bit of a new lease of life, be able to do things you couldn't handle the week before!

Raw will help if you do not follow too acidic a raw diet; also it will not help if it is too generous in sugars, because the borrelia will love that!

That is my experience - please keep us posted.

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: August 13, 2008 04:13AM

My step-sister contracted what they thought was Lyme Disease when she was 16 (we grew up in Connecticut and she went camping nearly every weekend). They think now that she may instead have Lupus, so no one really knows what she has. We had not so much as heard the word "raw" back then, so she proceeded with years and years of pharma and antibiotics. She usually felt a lot of pain after she ate anything with fish or shellfish. (Not entirely sure why). She is 26 years old now and looks about 35. Do anything you can avoid the "medications." (Side note: this book was an "interesting" read on an origin theory for Lyme Disease, albeit not overly factual: Lab 257

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables