Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detoxing
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 03, 2008 09:15PM

To make a long story short ...my Dr. had me on Valium for Fibro and panic attacks for 13 years. I stopped taking them(without his approval), went thru withdrawel for 1 year and now off 4 years but OH SO SICK. My diet needs adjusting very badly and I dont know where to start. I am very sensitive to vitamins now and they can throw me into w/d. I need to do a very slow detox and get on a good diet. I havent been out in 2 years and am so depressed any more. Anyone have a good diet that could help turn things around and help this 59n year old house bound woman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detoxing
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 03, 2008 09:28PM

diet is a just a part of the whole package when it coems to whole health ..

if you are depressed have you identified what it is thats making you so

nonetheless .. it cant hurt you at all to take a trip to the grocery store an firstly pickup some fruits an veggies that you like .. and maybe 1 or 2 that you have never tried ..

what is an example of what you have eaten say .. for the last 3 days?

and you dont need to know where to start .. you already have .. by making a concious decision to try and start to change things smiling smiley so put a smiley face on todays date on the calender ! congratulations !!! smiling smiley

i also note that you chose to post this under success stories forum ..its like you have pre-determined that YOU are GOING TO BE A SUCCESS !! very nice smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2008 09:34PM by Jgunn.

Date: October 03, 2008 09:35PM

Hi Jodi,

Every day i eat:
yogurt
soy milk
applesauce
banana

lean cusine
veggie patties

This is what I eat mainly everyday with some changes every now and then. Every Sat. I have pizza , but as far as junk food really nothing to report.
Eating raw means eating veg and fruits and nuts? Is there enough vitamins in eating this way/

Date: October 03, 2008 09:41PM

how much of each .. could you break it down a bit further? like

3 cups yogurt
5 glasses of soy milk ..
1 cup applesauce
4 banas
2 lean cuisines
3 veggie patties..

are you overweight/underweight/oops or just the right weight !? smiling smiley

hey what kinda pizza? grinning smiley

and yes you can get all your vitamins and minerals from eating veggies and fruits smiling smiley but if you feel you need to supplement in the meantime thats ok ..over time you will probably find you wont need them anymore smiling smiley

most vitamins and minerals come from live food not dead food smiling smiley

also do you smoke/drink/drugs ? smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2008 09:53PM by Jgunn.

Date: October 03, 2008 10:09PM

I do not smoke, never did, non drinker,

1 cup yogurt
1 glass soy mike
1 banana
1 cup apple sauce
1 serving lean cusine
2 veg patties
sauage pizza (sorry)lol

truth be told , I am fat!!! I gained so much weight cause i WAS eating so many sugar things and fattening items when going thru withdrawel to comfort me. Not I am an oinker!!! I take no kind of drugas at all, no medications either.
I just want to be well again and enjoy life again. To get out of this house and walk. I have vertigo so it keeps me from doing so many things. See...I am a mess.

Date: October 03, 2008 10:19PM

dont be sorry i used to be a cattle farmer tongue sticking out smiley

so roughly your current days meals equal about 1100 calories (not a whole lot to go on for adult but not severly under) .. if you punch them into FITDAY (have you ever tried FITDAY? its free tool)

all these foods are not reaching your daily recommended dosage of vitamins and minerals so any added extra fresh fruits and vegetables WITHOUT removing what you are currently eating would be a vast improvement

you cant change years of bad habits in a day .. take small steps .. smiling smiley if you are determined to get out and walk again then make that your first big main goal . .. BUT make smaller goals to get there ... something like just getting up and staying up .. vertigo is a challenge to get over for sure..

any effort to change the ammount you move from today untill tomorrow will be a success smiling smiley

what would you say your biggest physcial activiy is for the day?

for a year for me it was just getting out of bed an dragging my carcass to the kitchen table to stare out the window lol so dont feel bad fessing up tongue sticking out smiley

so besided bananas .. what other fruits and vegetables do you like? smiling smiley that will be your starting foundation smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2008 10:33PM by Jgunn.

Date: October 04, 2008 02:55PM

ilike at fruits a veg, I like all foods, darn it.

I do wash dishes and do the laundry which I have to hold on to the wall and use my cane cause of the vertigo. I will up my activity and see how it goes and eat more veg. since i dont consume alot of them.
Thank s for all your help Jodi

I also see I posted in the wrong place. You can move this to the right place if you want. sorry about that.

Date: October 05, 2008 07:38AM

ahh well thats GREAT serenity !! you are way ahead of the game then there .. getting over being a fussy or picky eating can be a real obstacle grinning smiley

another PLUS for you .. you have an extensive palette smiling smiley

my mother has that vertigo you talk about and is quite overweight and uses cane as well so i know how you feel to some degree .. sometimes she walks like she is drunk and we really have to watch her when shes walking smiling smiley

when i was really sick back in 02' i was quite overweight and unable to move much due to surgeries ..

i found yoga and pilates in my bed to start off with gave me some motivation and satisfaction that i was doing something smiling smiley perhaps you can start off with some simple exercies this way.. you will be comfortable and stop any chance you feel is enough

little things like this can go a long way to start strengthing your muscles for bigger and better things smiling smiley

so do you get your groceries delivered or have someone bring them to you? smiling smiley i would for your first week pick a few fruits and veggies you like and start adding them to what you eat allready .. i would eat them first before anything and if you still feel like that veggie burger or cup of yogurt then go ahead .. but for a week just try an eat some LIVE food first BEFORE the DEAD food smiling smiley

see how it goes for a week .. dont let yourself go hungry and keep your thoughts happy and positive and realize you can do it ! smiling smiley

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: October 05, 2008 02:32PM

Hi Serenity:

There's a saying: By the inch it's a cinch, but by the yard it's hard.
Keep in mind that the baby steps you are taking will eventually turn into long strides as you continue providing your body with the building blocks it needs to work up to better health.

You've gotten great advice above. Given the challenges you're currently experiencing, have you considered including supplements in your diet to help you on your path to recovery? Some people prefer not to use supplements while others don't mind. What I had in mind are minerals, including trace minerals as these also play a role in health issues.
Also in your sample typical diet, there wasn't mention of greens. While some people are not fond of them, even adding just a little to your meals can also be helpful.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Wishing you vibrant health

Date: October 07, 2008 12:47AM

Pistachio that is a great saying !! grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables