Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello - Newbee here
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 20, 2008 11:16PM

Hello: I am at the beginning phases of living and raw foods. I purchased a great book and am looking for a dehydrator but would like some recommendations from anyone on what would be the best one to buy for a good price. I recently started jucing ( love it) and I feel this is the next step in getting healthier. Any advise would be welcome..
Thanks!
Donna J

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello - Newbee here
Date: November 10, 2008 03:49PM

I'm new as well. In fact, I haven't even started this yet. I'm a strict vegetarian so I guess half the battle is over. However, I feel like this will be a huge adjustment and I am more than ready for it. Are there any suggestions that anyone has on how to start off slow? I won't jump into the Raw Food over night because I will not be successful with that. I need to take a week at a time and I'm hoping that in about two months time, I will be only eating Raw.

Are there any books or easy recipes that I can start off with?

Thank You Much,
Kimmy

Date: November 24, 2008 11:22AM

Hi Donna and Kimmy,

I am fairly new to this too, and I hate to admit that I studied recipes and the benefits of going raw for 3 years before my body said,"DO IT!!!".

Donna, I have a stackable dehydraytor, but I would recommend one with shelves that slide in and out. I can't make a loaf or a pie in my dehydrator. (...but my stackable dehydrator is pretty AWESOME :')

Kimmy, where are you with going raw now? Cooked rice, mushrooms, and plenty of water helped me through detox. I wasn't a vegetarian, but I hear vegetarians go into detox too.

To answer your question, "The Raw Gourmet", by Nomi Shannon, is a good starter book.

Good Health,
Dawg8k9

Date: December 15, 2008 03:53AM

I have been raw for 51 days. I have lost weight and I feel great. I know this was the best decision for my life. I no longer have headaches and arthirtis. I have so much enerygy and I sleep so good at night. I will never go back to cooked food.

Date: December 16, 2008 01:30AM

I am new also, I want to lose some weight on the raw food diet and I am really starting fresh because I usually do not watch calories, fat, carbs NOTHING so any help anyone has is really welcome!

Date: January 15, 2009 09:37AM

Hi Newbees,

How has the raw world been treating you all?

Just checking in with everyone.

~Hugs
dawg8k9

Posted by: sunshazza ()
Date: January 18, 2009 12:18PM

Hi Typres87

It is interesting you say that you want to lose weight because that is exactly what the raw food diet does for you. You won't need to count calories and watch your fats and all that nonsense.

On a raw food diet the body detoxes and the fat just melts away, trust me. That is the experience of all people on a raw food diet, just go for it and within a month you will have lost quite a chunk.

Date: March 01, 2009 04:47PM

For great dehydrator overviews, check out: [www.raw-living-food-success.com]

Go to "How To" "Dehydrate Food" on the left hand navigation column

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: March 02, 2009 06:09PM

I see that weight loss is a hot topic for many people.
I view excess body weight and body fat as a symptom.
Eating raw heals the underlying problem, and the symptom tends to go with it.

Excess body weight is more than a symptom though, because obesity causes other complications.
In that sense, I would advise anyone who has excess body weight to want to address that.
The best way to address it, though, is to build a healthier body, including intestinal ecoaerobic health, remembering that the excess body weight is best addressed as a secondary issue.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Date: August 14, 2009 01:13AM

i've been raw for almost 2 weeks-normal diet--watermelon, oranges, grapes, apples, green salad for lunch--romaine, tomatoes, cukes, carrots, raw dressing, olives, for dinner-green salad and a meal with rice. made a detox pizza--sprouted tortilla, fresh basil, organic tomatoe sauce, portabellos, and raw goat cheese--it was rawsome!!! i also drink a green smoothie made with 2 bananas and a bunch of either kale or romaine, i prefer the romaine. i've alos made a slamming green lemonade, and i drink fresh carrot juice or carrot/orange juice.
midday i feel sleepy. after dinner i am the energizer bunny.
what do you think of my menu?
i also ate rew cany bars i got from whole foods and i love ezekiel bread.

Date: August 30, 2009 03:38PM

Hello,,I am new also,,I have been mostly raw except for one cup of black coffee in the am and my hemp bagel,,,don't really want to give that up yet,,but I have a question,,I have lost 6 or 7 lbs already,,not overweight and go to the gym 4 days a week,,but I have been taking 20mg of lisinopril for about 4 years,,runs in the family,,,I am 50,,but I am monitering it now and its been way lower than usual,,116/68 after eating in the am and 103/67 in the pm,,just cut pill in half now,,so only 10 mg ,,looking to go off bp med all together,,just don't know how long to go to wein myself off,,guess I better go back to doc and check, right? And what supplement do you recommend,,probably a multi,,I am just wondering about the b vitamins and calcium,,do resistant training always have,,

Date: September 18, 2009 12:01AM

Hi, I am also new to the raw lifestyle. I am about 75% raw, but have only been doing this about a month and a half. My problem is that I have to convince others in the household that this is a good idea. I am getting the flack from relatives that I must eat meat to get protein and my doctor even said that although he agrees that veggies and fruit is a good idea, he still feels that I should eat 3-4 ounces of lean meat protein each day. I disagree. I invested in a high speed blender and do smoothies every morning for breakfast. I am also hooked on Larabars. I heard that supplements are also considered "dead food", so with a variety of raw fruits and veggies, do you really need a supplement to get your vitamins and minerals? I hope to go 100% raw, but with all good things, it takes time. Any advice?

Date: September 23, 2009 03:14PM

ok,,update,,I have been off my bp meds for 2 weeks now,,asked pharmacist,,she told me how to do it,,moniter every day,,so far,,so good,,

Date: October 27, 2009 03:23PM

On youtube they have a guy named the raw food truckdriver. He indicated some recent skin conditions (elbows flaky) that his mentor (self proclamined rawfoodist) said was his body detoxing.
Does anyone know if this happends when you go raw?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables