Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

In Control of My Health
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: November 29, 2006 05:17PM

Stared with Boutenkos' green smoothies and felt so much better I blew the budget and bought the Vita-Mix and here I am trying to go all the way (raw).
First I noticed I was sleeping through the night, I miss my nightime self -NOT! I also noticed my underarms hardly smell anymore which is good becasue I don't want to wear aluminum filled anti-perspirant. Did I mention mental clarity and energy? The depression/anxiety that's been lurking is GONE too and here I am in my own testimonial!
Have a lot of reading to do, have a couple of books so far.
Am dealing with fat/salt cravings but will keep reading, eating fruit.
Have a lot to learn still (detox cycle?) still have to get the D Wolfe book and finish Patenaude's.
Am skinny already and don't want to lose too much more weight, but at the same time I understand that eating to much fat will not work either.

In Control of my health!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: In Control of My Health
Date: February 23, 2007 04:51PM

Almost 3 months later. Have had a few totally 100% raw days and hope to increase that number as time goes on. It's hard not to eat hot cooked vegetables or a few too many salty olives at supper when it's -29 C outside. At least I couldn' do it.

What has improved?

Two days this week I felt like I couldn't wait to get home and go for a run. Like I couldn't wait to take my new incredibly younger feeling body out for a spin because it doesn't hurt all the time and feel tired anymore and I feel such an urge to move, run, play! Running too long though brings on detox symptoms so I still have to go easy.

Laughter. My funny bone has grown back. I forgot what it was like to be surprised by something funny and feel that bottomless mirth deep inside me. Priceless.

While I do occasionally get cranky or sensitive at times I also experience moments of deep gratitude for my life....

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: February 23, 2007 09:31PM

That's great, Dulset. I love your description of the funny bone... bottomless mirth. That IS priceless, isn't it? smiling smiley

Pam

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2007 05:59AM

Hello. I am wondering if you can answer a question. I have turned to juicing to improve my health..I suffer from hyper tension, gout, toe nail fungus. I am hoping that by eating raw foods, I can eliminate all these ills. I currently take prescription medication for hyper tension. I use an herbal medicine for the gout, it works good. But, I know I have an acidic body, I want to alkalize myself,and become free from diease and sickness. Please let me know if I am on the right track to losing all these ugly illnesses.
John

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 17, 2007 10:15AM

John, I don't have an answer to your question. But I suggest you put this question in the main forum. I forget the name of it but it's at the top of the list when you click "Forum List".

Enjoy,
Troy.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: March 27, 2007 09:35AM

Thanks for sharing that. it is inspiring and reminds me why I'm doing this.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 07, 2007 07:50AM

If you haven't checked out the Boutenko website i would suggest it...
it is www.rawfamily.com THey have a fabulous new book called "Green For Life"...Victoria Boutenko writes about the amazing increase in health and vitality by adding "green smoothies" to our raw food diet/or any diet for that matter. I have been drinking them for awhile now and LOVE them.
Blessings on your journey,
Sasha

Date: May 13, 2007 12:48PM

About 6 months since my original post. Am having a hard time with a painful neurological conditon in my shoulders from my sedentary computer job for the last 25 years and am considering fasting to help heal it.

Am on average about 90% raw and can't conceive of returning to a SAD cooked diet even with this challenge. Have tried ant-infalmmatories and have lost some of my raw glow sad smiley

Some friends and family are concerned about my health because I've lost a fair amount of weight and they may believe that my shoulder problem is because of my diet. Thats difficult to live with at times with but when they see me glowing, healthy and in good shape a year from now they will hopefully see the light, that is my wish for everyone I love and care about who have health challenges.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2007 12:50PM by Dulset.

Posted by: rainbowgrl ()
Date: June 04, 2007 07:14PM

Maybe you should try Message for your shoulders.

Date: October 02, 2007 06:38PM

It's been almost a year since I started. I am 98% raw most days, I still have my tea in the morning. The shoulder is all healed and I'm working out regularly at the gym.

Waking up in the mornings just a year ago too many days I felt like I was coming down with the flu, I felt awful! I could not get up from sitting without pain and stiffness, it had become a normal part of me and I just accepted it. I was helpless against allergies, when they came I got them bad. I was going downhill health wise slowly and painfully like just about everyone else I knew.

That has all changed now. It has been challenging staying raw, it takes discipline and concern over my low weight from friends and family has been frustrating to deal with. I'm 105 lbs at 5'7"now, think I'm slowly moving up in weight now.

Everyone asks me "where do you get your protein"? It's different when you eat raw I say. A whole different set of nutritional laws apply to your digestion when you switch to (biologically approprate) raw food. But very few are interested enough to find out why.

I'm a new person today mentally and physically. The nicest part is feeing so much more at ease in general. At the risk of sounding corny, I now see and feel natural beauty deep inside - that ineffable craving I've had all my life for a sense of connection to nature is disappearing. The sun on my skin feels divine!Health I'm finding out is not just about having energy, there's much more.

Dulset

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 02, 2007 10:40PM

Dulset this is awesome ! !so glad to hear things have turned aroudn for you !!

way to go ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Custom ()
Date: October 03, 2007 07:10PM

Dulset.... you give hope and inspiration to someone like me. I been working to go raw for the last 3 1/2 months.. I look forward to the changes I will see in myself after being raw a year...

Congratulations on your healing and your "true" health!!

Elayne

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: January 13, 2008 06:03AM

thankyou for sharing your success story and congratulations!

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: February 27, 2008 02:43AM

Dulset, I'm sad this blog has so few posts from you. What I read was greatly inspiring and I would have enjoyed following along with you a little more closely. (Not in an invasive way!) It's just that I think you have a great writing style and it would have been great walking down the road with you!

But, the most important thing is you did it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 05, 2008 11:16PM

Your posts are enspireing to me. Thank-you for shareing with us. I wish there was more to read though.

Posted by: DCveggieGal ()
Date: July 31, 2008 08:48PM

I've had a weird thing happen after I started drinking the Green Smoothies. I was in a car and driving past someone who was mowing the lawn. The smell of fresh cut grass and yard waste is usually nasty to me, but instead I actually salivated and liked the smell and was craving a smoothie. How cool is that that I was salivating from smelling the grass?

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: August 02, 2008 04:25AM

Nice!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables