Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trying to go raw.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 06, 2009 12:32AM

Tried raw before but couldn't stay with it one hundred percent. Will try again starting tomorrow morning. Tired of being tired and only sleeping for three to four hours a night. I'm determined to be at least fifty percent raw and will not eat any meat. I need all the encouragement I can get. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying to go raw.
Date: March 06, 2009 08:37PM

Hello, It would help to find a support group that eats raw. Im still looking for one in my area. I have read that your chances are alot better if you have a support group. I am about 90% raw. I have a hard time with eating the same old thing all the timesmiling smiley. good luck...

Date: November 24, 2010 03:35PM

hi there...
is there any support group in freising germany for raw foodists?
thanks... newbie here...

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: January 22, 2011 05:54PM

Hey, I want you to know it is only hard at first, and This quickly passes. I have lost 195 pounds in 16 months......and honestly it was easy after the first 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong, lots of the phases were hard, but it is SOOOOOO much easier than your mind will let you see right now because it doesn't want you to go through the transition. Basically, like most drug addictions, after the 2 week mark you realize this isn't that bad, in fact this is fun. The most addicting thing about raw food is that you really feel gains. In health, in strength, in sanity. It's the way I always hoped the human could be, I just didn't know how. Greens greens greens greens. The rest is secondary compared to greens. Green smoothie, green juice, greens eat em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they heal us, make us strong, detox us and build us up!
if you want to ask me more questions, feel free to message me.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: January 25, 2011 04:07AM

Tryru...this forum seems like a great support group!

Hi raw lion..congratulations! Have you had issues with emotional eating? If so, how'd you handle it?

Posted by: mama2obaj ()
Date: February 13, 2011 03:27PM

Today is day one for me (again) as well. Starting off momentarily with some juicing:-) Rawlion--your posts are extremely motivating. I hope to keep seeing your posts as I get going on this.

I've got rheumatoid arthritis issues (ok...others too, but this is the priority) and I really want to be able to move with the kids. Some mornings I can't even walk. Wish me luck.

PS...the last time I tried to do this I got really bad heartburn that I attributed to all the fiber...Has anyone heard of that problem--the heartburn, I mean?

Sarah

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 13, 2011 05:24PM

I tend to get heartburn when I eat too much fat (nuts, olive oil).

I usually don't get it from raw fruit and veges, although celery with a lot of fiber can do it to me.

Good luck.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: March 23, 2011 06:32AM

have you tried adding chia to ur meals?? they help with digestion and hunger pangs as well. not to mention the vities..winking smiley
des

Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: June 14, 2011 10:06PM

I've been on a raw path for about three weeks now. I have found it easier than I thought, but have had some slip ups. It's nice to see other people just starting out with this too.

Posted by: subkiss ()
Date: July 21, 2011 09:33AM

Hi Dear Friend, i will like to have your email address so i can write u an email just to tell u more about myself and after then you can reply me by tell me about yourself
even better send me a messages ( userlove@msn.com )
thank you and i will respond with my pictures .
Can't wait to hear from you,
Miss Suban.

Posted by: cdonavon ()
Date: August 07, 2011 09:36PM

It can be difficult if you try to make the transition too quickly. I tried going raw about three years ago, but plunged right in instead of making a gradual change and was not able to keep it up. I am currently about 90% raw, but this time I make small, incremental changes starting with cutting processed sugar out of my diet. Of course, that included any processed foods containing sugar or high fructose corn syrup. I lost 15 lbs. in 3 months and then cut out refined flour and dairy. As I removed those first three things from my diet, I found myself eating much more fresh produce, but I was still eating meat and poultry. Two months ago, I stopped eating meat and made the transition to almost completely raw. I still occasionally have a cooked egg or a slice of gluten-free toast, but that is usually if I am eating out and have limited choices. When I'm at home I'm 100% raw.
I guess the bottom line is, take it easy on yourself and just do the best you can every day. As you incorporate more fresh, raw foods into your life, the more you will crave them because you will just feel better and more satisfied when you eat "clean". I look forward to following your progress.
By the way, I have lost 34 lbs. and I'm down to 122 lbs. and feeling great, have lots of energy, sleep better, have better elimination, and have greatly decreased my arthritis pain and inflammation. I'm 63 and feel 20 years younger.
Stick with it and stay plugged in to this forum for support.

Posted by: Coconana ()
Date: October 07, 2011 12:45AM

It took me 5 years to be serious about raw food on a daily basis, and once I committed to raw, it took me 9 months or so to transition to 90%+

The only difference between winning and losing on this one is to never give up. If you mess up, you go right back to it. It is worth it, it is worth it, it is worth it!!!!

Posted by: gems ()
Date: December 14, 2011 01:34PM

LOVELY reading all these supportive messages smiling smiley thank you! ive been trying 'mostly raw' for a few months.... im defintaly not giving up. but i am giving myself a year for transition. eating mostly raw, but sometimes egg, fish, wheat free pasta, but apart from that now and then, im eating raw.

we can do it! smiling smiley

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: January 15, 2012 12:32PM

Have you discovered avocados Tryru? They are delicious plain. I cut them in half and eat them with a spoon. I find I feel greatest when I eat them while theyre still firm, but generally like them a bit softer. I like the Hass the best, but the Florida ones are good with a bit of salt. It's my favorite breakfast right now.

Posted by: aprilster ()
Date: February 05, 2014 03:22PM

hey everybody!

I have been making an effort to incorporate more raw foods into my diet for two weeks now. Would you guys recommend to 'ease into this' or did you all switch to raw from one day to another? Which seems to be working best, based on you experience and or exchange with other raw foodists?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables