Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw foods cure mild food allergies? looking for success story
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 07, 2009 01:06AM

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone was able to rid their bodies of mild food allergies by eating a raw food diet. I am experiencing IgE allergic reactions (eczema and runny nose) to apples, bananas, rice, watermelon, apricot and some other things. I'm also wondering if I should just ignore these IgE reactions for now and eat apples, bananas, watermelon, etc, in order to have a varied raw food diet. Would the raw foods supercede the IgE reactions eventually and make them stop?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw foods cure mild food allergies? looking for success story
Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: March 07, 2009 03:11PM

I have noticed reduced mucus as well as improved intestinal function as a result of my ecoaerobic raw food process.
I would never ignore signals from the body, but I might try to re-interpret them.

How do you know that the reaction is elevated IgE specific to those foods?
Unless a specific assay has identified that, I might be skeptical.
Could your reactions be detox symptoms?

I can think of a few different ways that you might approach this scenario.
One is via scientific analysis, testing and research.
Another is asking friends, such as on this forum
Another is nutritional coaching, which is a service which we provide.
Another, which is probably the best, is intuitive, inner guidance. Our coaching aims to facilitate this process, but not by ignoring science.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Date: March 08, 2009 11:04PM

Dee Dee,

Thanks for your PM.
Skin prick testing is not absolute, since dermal reaction is not the same as GI reaction. Nonetheless, skin prick testing is probably accurate enough for this purpose, and it is non-invasive and inexpensive.

You can also test your GI reaction for yourself.
You can research the protocol, but here are simplified guidelines.
After not consuming the suspect food IN ANY FORM for at least four days, eat a sizable quantity of that food only on an empty stomach and give awareness to any noticeable reaction.

As your body becomes less toxic and the rate of detox decreases, detox symptoms should abate correspondingly.
Please let me know what you think of our healthnvitality site.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

Date: March 09, 2009 02:43PM

Dee Dee,

Thanks for your PM.

First, congratulations on your insight and commitment to investing your energy into helping yourself. You're moving in a good direction. It is people like you who we at healthnvitality enjoy coaching most towards improved health and vitality.

Before making product recommendations, I will begin with the disclaimer that I am part of the healthnvitality team, and that other team members have better knowledge and experience with most of the equipment which we sell than I have.

Thus, if the info which I give you here is not sufficient, then I think that your best bet would be to phone the number on the site. That way, you can speak with someone who is well versed with the nuances of various equipment options.

OK, to answer your questions, I personally use a Blendtec ICB7. I love it, and you might find that it gives you the best results. It has various ways to control the speed digitally, no knobs. If you don't like the ICB7, then you might prefer the Vita mix vita prep 3. It has a knob.
As for dehydrators, you might like to try the Good4U 10 tray.

On another note, I would say that it is OK to enjoy small amounts of peanut butter on occasion, but I would be cautious.
I make my own sprouted peanut pate in my ICB7 and enjoy that, but as a treat or convenience food.

To sum up, I applaud your dedication.
Don't worry about little things. Bad habits will fall away in time. Guilt is not productive.
Enjoy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables