Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

my cat scan/ colonoscopy IBD update!
Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: April 09, 2009 02:52AM

So I had my last colonoscopy 2 or 3 weeks ago, and my CT/cat scan last tuesday.
Showed my inflammation and ulcerations are Completely gone!

I am almost of my medications (prednisone only 15mg, next week 10mg, week after 5mg then Im OFF)

So lets see how this plays out!

Only difference this time around?

Proper food combining. I eat fruit thru out the day, carrot juice, salads at night.
Only cookedfoods I eat are alkaline based after digestion like millet or quinoa.

I weight 134lbs give or take. I excersize and ride my bike, basically lean muscle.
Full of energy, my entire family has been sick with the cold/virus and I still havent cought it!

They have even been adjusting there diet to more whole foods / salads since theyve noticed my recovery!

Only problem I have noticed are. bloating, gas (wich is whats causing some of my pain), and little bit of blood when I whipe, but I think that has to do with hemoroids.. so if anyone has natural ways of healing hemoroids please let me know! :]

I am happy. <3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my cat scan/ colonoscopy IBD update!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2009 03:44AM

awesome ! keep up the good work !! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 12, 2009 05:09PM

that sounds great. Its good to hear you have progressed so well. You should be so proud.

Date: April 15, 2009 07:55PM

I am at 10mg of prednisone..
But yesterday and the day before yesterday I experienced some back bending cramps in the middle of my stomach...

So I thought about all the differences Ive done over the last 3 or 4 days, to determine the problem.

Do you think to much fat intake could cause backed up bowels or stressful digestion, irritating? also I have ahemaroid.. and its really starting to bother me.. very little blood when I whipe, and nothing in the bowl yet, so Im taking it much much easier now..

Since saturday Ive been eating these pies from earth cafe, I been eating a lot of avocado, lots of salad.. bok choy, zuccini, squash in my salad.

The first day I had the spasm, I ate a kale salad with avocado, and a pre made raw sandwich from leaf cousine, wich had cashew in it.. the pies from earth cafe have walnuts, pecans, macedamian nuts, almonds, and coconut,

so Im thinking maybe to much fat?

today I am avoiding all those, I did have some avocado lsat night.

Lets see how it goes..

What would be some advice maybe given to me while Im transition completely off the medicine, maybe go back to as Simple diet as I can, thats what seems smart to me.. give it a easy rest for digestion and adjustment off the steroids..

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 16, 2009 02:57AM

i would say at least the nuts were probably problamatic for you .. not sure about the avo smiling smiley especially 4 or 5 different kinds ! id watch your nut intake untill your digestion gets better and maybe just keep your nuts to mono type eating ..not gourmet multi nut blends smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 02:58AM by Jgunn.

Date: April 16, 2009 05:13AM

Yea Ive been avoiding the nuts for the last 2 or 3 days, and it seems to be helping.

What about Agave? do you think that would be the same problematic as sugar is? cus I know sugar is a BIG no no..
but damnit, those earth cafe pies ARE SO GOOD!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables