Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

success
Posted by: bachcole ()
Date: May 09, 2011 11:46PM

I started juicing just before Thanksgiving. At that time I had an open and painful sore on the tip of my left ear, which was probably the result of something like eczema or psoriasis and my continual picking at it. I also had the same, slightly less painful on the back of my left ear. I have had these uglies for years. I would often bleed on my pillow. I happen to catch Jack Lalanne selling his juicer and thought, "Hey, I have a really good (but very old) juicer." So I started juicing.

The open and painful sore on the tip of my left year healed in a few weeks. That is enough to make a person a believer. I never looked back.

The other open sore got better when I started taking enzymes.

I would love your thoughts on digestive and systemic enzymes. Remember that raw foods only contribute about 1/2 of the enzymes necessary for digestion. Remember that I am 65 years old and it helps me to not have to contribute enzymes for my digestion as much as I would if I didn't supplement with enzymes. Remember that I have had success with enzyme supplementation. The systemic enzymes also work. I took my systemic enzymes this morning and had an erotic dream the likes of which I have not had in years. (:->winking smiley Also remember that I live with people who are not keen on going 100% raw. I do the best that I can, and some meals actually turn out 100% raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: success
Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: May 19, 2011 04:20PM

Happy to hear your health is improving!

Re: success
Posted by: SoulMommy ()
Date: March 26, 2015 09:21AM

I've been recently interested in the topic of enzymes also. I still admit i know very little about them. It is interesting how there are vegan and non-vegan enzyme supplements out there.

This video in particular sparked my interest in well scrutinized supplementation for raw foodists.
[youtu.be]
Ideally we'd all love to do without supplements, but every individual's body has its own unique needs.
At your age bachcole, some additional enzymes make logical sense.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables