Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Every small victory
Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: June 07, 2009 06:20PM

Greetings!

I first started being raw on November 7, 2007. I stayed raw for over nine months, when a health issue and a husband paranoid about my new pregnancy forced me back to cooked food. I had a very difficult pregnancy, and ended up gaining 100 pounds.

In the very early morning on June 2, I lifted my baby out of her bassinet to nurse and my back completely gave out on me. I'm talking supreme pain and daily trips to my miracle-working chiropractor. When my firstborn was small, I remember putting my back out so severely that I had to move in with mom temporarily and let them take care of both of us, bringing baby to me to nurse.

When this pain came upon me again, I immediately decided "never again!!"

I immediately switched back to raw and I'm been loving my decision ever since. I have missed the flavour of raw so much, and my body feels more nourished already. I have made it a goal to walk and do yoga every day I can (when the back pain heals). I did have some concerns in the first few days. If I'm losing weight this rapidly, how healthy can it be for my 2 month old? Are there toxins in my milk from rapid weight loss? She has been having some green @#$%& lately, but then again, she did a couple of weeks after birth, too.

And then yesterday I happened to spray her in the face because of the adundance of milk and I noticed that it is whiter and creamier than it was before I went raw. It is copiously abundant. I have no more fears for my baby and I know the weight loss will slow down.

For those raw parents out there who wonder what I eat in an average day: fruit and/or green smoothies for breakfast. Salad for lunch. Afternoon snack very from smoothies to almond butter and honey sandwiches(on apple slices) to a perfectly divine young coconut. Salad or veggie wraps for dinner. I eat a few nuts every day, and sometimes juice, sometimes use instant green drinks.

And here is my victory: I am down 11 pounds in one week!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Every small victory
Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: June 17, 2009 01:10AM

right on!love yourself!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables