Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
110 pounds lost so far, in 6 months !!!
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: February 25, 2010 04:44PM

Hey everybody....
September 10th, 2009 I made a decision. I went 100% raw vegan, quit eating meat, and all the other junk. I was previously a Low-Carb type of person I thought. Little did I know that I was in fact over time, continuously slowing my metabolism down. I lost 30 pounds in the first 2 weeks !!! I was originally inspiried by Clent Mannich. He lost like 230 pounds by drinking green smoothies and eating Raw! luckily I don't have quite that much weight to actually lose, as I have a huge frame. I am 6'5", and have some serious bones.
So i have sort of mimicked his methods. I try to do wheatgrass everyday, I juice, and I do a green smoothie as often as possible. for the first few months I was losing 1-2 pounds everyday !!! Now that I am down to 333 pounds, I feel so much better, i am super energetic and light feeling. I do sit ups, i lift weights, I do all the things I always wished i had the motivation for. Its not that my mind is feeling all free all of a sudden, its that my body is actually feeling healthier on the INSIDE, more so than ever before in my LIFE !!!
I'd love to help anyone who may not have the faith to go 100% raw. There is nothing to fear my friends, in fact, you should be deathly fearful of NOT GOING 100% !!! I will post my before and during pics. by summer hopefully I will have the after shots !!!!!
I am ready to spread the truth about health, which is true wealth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 110 pounds lost so far, in 6 months !!!
Date: February 25, 2010 05:13PM

I guess I should tell everybody that I am a Strong Irish/german strapping 30 year old young boy. My ideal bodyweight will ultimately, I feel, be around 275 pounds. I also want to mention that even on days when I was losing 2 pounds, I could still eat PILES of fruit!!! Like 10 bananas. 30 satsumas. etc etc....

Date: February 25, 2010 07:10PM

These are my before shots, as shameful as I am, it is liberating to shed the weight, and show people my suffering so they may be freed themselves.

Date: February 25, 2010 07:14PM

NOW, here are my "during" pics. These were taken a few days ago, on february 19th 2010, about 5 months since going raw !!! Keep in mind under the fat that still remains is a vibrant, strong, muscular person now. I was always muscular, but wow, i never thought by quitting meat my muscles would grow WAY faster than all my years of meat and weight lifting!!! I feel like I am deflating, and I am a skinny person escaping from a suit of fat !!!!!!!!!!
I have lost officially, as of 10 minutes ago, 108 pounds !!!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 26, 2010 03:45AM

WOW!!! Over 100 pounds and still going! You are doing GREAT!!! You must really be feeling good about your health and appearance. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 15, 2010 03:32PM

awesome work ! love the progress smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: faeterri ()
Date: March 16, 2010 02:25PM

Yes, yes! Doing great. Enjoy your freedom from weight. And thanks for putting yourself out there and sharing.

Date: March 22, 2010 10:15AM

currently ive lost about 118 pounds and i am doing situps and jumping jacks everyday or so, and i lift weights now like crazy! I am up to like 100 jumping jacks, and 32 sit ups. my method is evertime i do them, i do more than the last. inevitable progression.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Posted by: sidrah ()
Date: March 27, 2010 05:50AM

That's awesome. Looking to do the same here....

Date: May 05, 2010 06:37AM

i've currently lost 130 pounds thus far!!! new pics soon!
people now say everywhere i go how i have a "glow".
YES !!!!!!!!! finally....

Date: May 12, 2010 08:56AM

looking forward to the new pics smiling smiley you are a great inspiration smiling smiley

Posted by: jthompson ()
Date: June 04, 2010 05:23PM

It is amazing to see your progress! Your posts are encouraging. Keep it up!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 18, 2010 04:43PM

You look healthy and happy. Congratulations and you are an inspiration to me.

Posted by: ksandberg2002 ()
Date: June 29, 2010 03:20PM

AWESOME job RAWLION!!! You are my inspiration...PLEASE add more pics of your progress! =)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 02, 2010 06:17PM

I'm a newbie here and to eating all organic and more raw (two months and counting). I enjoyed your story and look forward to more posts. Good job!

Posted by: Punkrotten ()
Date: August 11, 2010 06:33PM

This is inspirational. Thanks for sharing smiling smiley

Date: August 24, 2010 06:30AM

hey everybody. I haven't written on here in a while. Busy summer. I currently have been at a standstill at a total weight loss of 140 pounds so far. a few days ago i decided to get serious again and redce my fat intake to nearly zero. I do eat maybe half an avocado a day, or some hemp seeds in my smoothie, but in general that is the key to major weight loss. Fat melting. Lots of greens, very little fat.
I am going to a outdoor camping music festival next month and am aiming to lose as much fat as possible before then!! I will definitely post fresh pics as soon as I have some !!!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: August 24, 2010 07:16AM

Great! I will be looking forward to seeing your progress. You have done so well!!

My favorite raw vegan

Date: August 26, 2010 01:51AM

welcome back rawlion cant wait to see yer pics smiling smiley have fun at the festival !

Posted by: DaisyHair ()
Date: August 26, 2010 09:14PM

RawLion!
Wow, I so loved reading your story. Especially where you said "I'd love to help anyone who may not have the faith to go 100% raw. There is nothing to fear my friends, in fact, you should be deathly fearful of NOT GOING 100% !!! "

This is how I want to feel. I am only on day 5.

Thank you for posting your pix too... Wow, just wow. You are amazing.

Date: January 13, 2011 09:10AM

WUDDUP EVERYONE !!! This is me now after starting at 440 pounds, 54 inch waist, and I used to wear 4xl or 5xl shirts. I'm now happily a 38 inch waist! I wear size large shirts. I weigh in at 249 currently!!!!!!! that is a total average, to this moment, of 2/5 of a pound per day since september 10th, 2009! I am here for anybody who needs support. I am doing this not only for me, but for everybody who suffers eating addictions and crap food habits. Guess what, there is hope. Just give yourself to 100% raw or start anywhere. just let raw food over take you. it will save you and teach you and show you the way. have faith in raw and it will give you everything.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: January 13, 2011 02:25PM

Congratulations!!

What an amazing transformation. Thanks for sharing your inspiring story.

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: January 13, 2011 11:25PM

I really applaud you for taking your life into your own hands, and being nothing but a kind, encouraging, inspiring person along the way. Way to go!!

Date: January 14, 2011 05:28PM

thanks cyclopsicle and veghunter.........I appreciate your love, as I need inspiration as much or MORE than the next guy. It has been a long road, but not one that Ive ever felt like I could turn back on. I am now weightlifting everyday, so soon I hope to tighten my skin and fat up. yes, I have a bit of skin to deal with, but I'm not worried at all because I have faith in the raw food fix'n me up! my skin has tightened SOOOOOOO much already, I'd expect to have it all tightened up by next fall!!!!!! thanks for the support everybody!!!!!
all i can say is eat GREEEEEEENS!!!!!!

Date: January 18, 2011 06:01AM

you are such an inspiration smiling smiley

Posted by: dazey ()
Date: April 11, 2011 11:09PM

Hi,

Damn your results are impressive! nice work smiling smiley

I was wondering if you followed a specific plan or program to achieve your results??

thanx

Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: June 14, 2011 10:27PM

You are my inspiration. Way to go.

Date: June 25, 2011 01:47AM

I followed the plan of fixate on greens!!! and if you want to lose fat, dont eat fat. Its SUPER easy to fixate on nuts and seeds and oils as a raw foodist. save that fun for after you have lost your fat and finished your detoxing! I started at about 440 pounds. I am currently about 225 pounds and I look HOT !!!!

Posted by: skuli ()
Date: November 26, 2011 05:58AM

Awesome! Very inspiring!

Posted by: pae ()
Date: February 27, 2012 03:48PM

Hi there smiling smiley
I'm curious if you have any updates on how things are going..and how you've done with the 'loose skin'? I'm female - used to weigh over 400 pounds and have managed to lose 200 pounds on a healthier SAD lifestyle with lots of exercise. The last year I've been stagnant..I have about 100 pounds more I'm hoping to lose and after a lot of GI issues related to SAD (I believe..just the typical bloaty, heavy icky feeling after I eat SAD), I turned to RAW Vegan lifestyle...been at it two months and loving it.

Anyway, you're story is inspirational for sure...hoping Green Smoothies will help me lose my excess weight over the next 6 months or so.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables