Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Everything that we did...
Posted by: bachcole ()
Date: November 28, 2010 08:23PM

Most everything that we health nuts did was compensating for eating cooked foods. Now, I have sort of lost interest in many if not most health discussions because they are all based upon eating improperly. Certainly there are other health matters and techniques that deserve our attention. For example, Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicines have a lot of contribute. Megavitamins might still be of value.

I used to not spend much time in the fruits and vegetables section of the health food store; I spent most of my time in the pill section. For me, that is reversed. Now, mostly the only pills I would be interested in are whole, uncooked foods, like bee pollen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Everything that we did...
Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: January 15, 2012 12:27PM

I'm not against vitamins personally. I especially like Solaray products. There's lots of good brands. They say (which means I forget where I read it/heard it.) that if you rely on vitamins regularly, then your body gets lazy and eventually can't extract the vitamins from your food. But if you really have no better option, which happens sometimes (to me at least) it's better than no vitamins. I don't know if it's true but I wouldn't doubt it. I know it's kind of a slippery slope, but hey, life is full of them. I'd personally rather tread a slippery slope than doom myself to scurvy or malnutrition. I agree herbs etc. are probably a better source if their good and available, but I'm sure we all know how repressed that stuff has been. Still, great literature is out their. I got to read (flip through) a great book by Daniel reid on Eastern medicine. I really would love to get a copy. And Ayurveda is awesome! The four humours of the body, interesting and educationally enlightening. My favorite herbal book so far though has been by Rosemary Gladstar. Herbal Healing for Women.

Re: Everything that we did...
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 06, 2012 04:15PM

I'd be extremely careful, because vitamins also need enzymes to absorb properly. I only use the RAW brand of vitamins as they include all of the enzyme cofactors naturally in their vitamins. so you can be assured that the nutrients are being absorbed. Solaray has no interest in raw knowledge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables