Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

questions from a newbie
Posted by: mama2obaj ()
Date: February 13, 2011 11:45PM

My blender is broken (sigh, I killed it trying to puree nuts), but I do have a good juicer and a dehydrator. It'll be a while before I get a new blender. With that said, what would be a good ratio of how much food one should receive from liquid state. I feel like I could get carried away and then I fear if I tried to digest whole foods, my digestive system couldn't handle it. Does that make any sense? Maybe it's just an irrational fear?

How do you know if you are getting enough foods? Go by hunger alone?

Prioritize the top, say, 3 foods one would concentrate on daily. I'm thinking Rawlion would go with GREENS ?

-Sarah

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: questions from a newbie
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 15, 2011 06:33AM

I go for variety. As a newbie you may want to enter what you eat each day on www.fitday.com because you can analyze what you're getting enough of and where you may be deficient. After a while, when you have the hang of it, you won't need to do it.

I go by hunger to decide when to eat. There are different opinions on this, but I tend to limit fats to around 15% (like limiting nuts, although I do eat them). It doesn't bother me that there are different opinions because I think some people just have different needs.

So I take the trust (my body), but verify (with fitday) approach.

(I don't have an answer to your ratio question.)

My favorite raw vegan

Re: questions from a newbie
Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: November 16, 2012 04:48AM

I know by listening to my body. Before we had books and fancy measuring tools, that's all we had, and that got us through thousands of years so far. Your body pretty much knows what it needs; it's a learned skill to listen to it.

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables